Home Forums Bike Forum G-Form knee pads fit and sizing?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • G-Form knee pads fit and sizing?
  • ruscle
    Free Member

Looking at getting some of these knee pads but unsure on the fit and how tight they are. Has anyone got experience of these and the fit/size they went for as my knee measures 15″-15.5″ and obviously gets bigger when bending. My measurement is at the high point of the large (14.5″-15.5″) or the lower point of the xl (15.5″-16.5″) pads so unsure which to go for. Any pointers would be appreciated.

FuzzyWuzzy

Definitely size up, I think I measured at 16″ and went for the XLs (thought about sizing up but didn’t want to risk them slipping all the time and posts on their site indicated they’d already fixed their previous size guide which tended to come up small). Anyway my XLs are ridiculously tight (leg goes numb :p ).

They’re great XC pads though, I’m just waiting for the new black model to come in before changing them.

ruscle
    Free Member

Cheers, that’s why I’m getting some now as the black ones are available

Paceman
    Free Member

Ruscle

Where are they available in black? Can you post a link.

Cheers :D

singletracksurfer

sign up to What MTB magazine and get some free Endura MT500 knee pads http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/wmbp1l/ :-)

now i’ve just got to wait for another mag to offer free elbow pads ;-)

ruscle
    Free Member

Paceman you can order through your LBS or from g-formuk, they only just showed up this morning and only have them in 2XL which is the size your after. Link below:

http://www.g-formuk.com/products/knee-pads.html

*EDIT* Just looked again and their now showing in all sizes.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I have skinny legs and fit a medium so I think they come up a bit small?

FuzzyWuzzy

Ooh cheers for the heads-up on the site, black 2XL’s ordered :)

ojom
    Free Member

We have these – cheaper too… and even cheaper with your STWTBC voucher code.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

TBC, how do we specify colour as its not an option on your page and I dont want to look like a spiderman baddie?

Paceman
    Free Member

…I dont want to look like a spiderman baddie

Quality :lol:

flyingmonkeycorps

How do these compare size wise to Kyle Straits?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

the G-form race team, earlier today…

ruscle
    Free Member

Well after asking this question I didn’t listen to the advice about sizing up! ordered the size G-form recommended and the results were as mentioned, a little tight resulting in my feet feeling numb after 30mins of wearing around the house. Sent back to G-form and got the next size up and they are perfect, the pad is every so slightly big around the knee but not overly so to cause a problem, really comfy and the turn around from G-form was real quick getting them back within 48hrs from when I sent them back.

On another note does anyone know the fit of the elbow guards, is it recommended to size up? (I will listen to any advice this time!!)

druidh
    Free Member

I had to size up on the elbow pads too. Might depend how big your guns are tho ;-)

Rik
    Free Member

Resurrection

As flyingmonkeycorps asked – How do they measure up to Kyle Stait sizing?

I take a small kyle strait and come out at 14 inches on the G-form size guide which would be a medium.

But do i go for medium or size up to a large?

I do have pretty skinny legs but big thighs (oooooeeerrr….) but the pads should sit below them?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Rik there have been other threads on this since. Cant compare to Kyles but I went with the consensus from other threads and sized up (I was in the middle of my size range), and ended up changing them for the recommended size!

Get them from thebikechain, cheaper than direct and even cheaper with STWTBC singletrackers code.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Rik there have been other threads on this since. Cant compare to Kyles but I went with the consensus from other threads and sized up (I was in the middle of my size range), and ended up changing them for the recommended size!

Get them from thebikechain, cheaper than direct and even cheaper with STWTBC singletrackers code.

druidh
    Free Member

Rik – as a Premier member, you should have a different discount code for The Bike Chain.

There is a size guide on the G-Form website but I definitely had to go up a size.

Rik
    Free Member

What web discount do I get then? Is it a code?
    Cheers for that.

Going large when I’m a small elsewhere just seems plain odd…..

druidh
    Free Member

Email me….

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘G-Form knee pads fit and sizing?’ is closed to new replies.