Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What is this tool?
  • finbar
    Free Member

My man status probably gets revoked for asking, but what is this? Thanks.

brakes
    Free Member

you stick a tube of glue or sealant on it

willej

Twin-pack adhesive/epoxy dispenser. The bits in the bag are mixing nozzles that fit on the outlet of the cartridge. Here’s a cartridge and other kind of nozzle:

sc-xc

I think…

It’s for chemical anchors, looks like it’s for rawl r-kf2 size tubes…

Basically, you drill a hole in concrete or masonry, squidge your kemfix in with this gun (just like a heavy duty silcon gun) then jam you theaded metal bar in the hole, in 30mins the kemfast expands and sets and hey presto you have a metal stud sticking out and stuck fast…
    😆 8)

Stoner
    Free Member

its obviously a kind of propeller gun like a standard silicon tube gun, but an odd shape. Whats in the bag? guides?

is it for injecting resin in holes for resin/bolt fixing system?

Clobber
    Free Member

It’s for chemical anchors, looks like it’s for rawl r-kf2 size tubes…

Basically, you drill a hole in concrete or masonry, squidge your kemfix in with this gun (just like a heavy duty silcon gun) then jam you theaded metal bar in the hole, in 30mins the kemfast expands and sets and hey presto you have a metal stud sticking out and stuck fast…

Stoner
    Free Member

clobber fills in the detail where my blind floundering falls short 😉

Clobber
    Free Member

Willej is right, the nozzles you have mix the resin and hardener before it comes out of the end…

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>is it for injecting resin in holes for resin/bolt fixing system? <

yup looks like a proprietry skeleton gun from Hilti,Fischer or similar

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Some kind of two part thing. I think those nozzles have coils inside them that aid mixing before the resin exits. I’d go for some kind of bolt fixing resin as Stoner guessed.

finbar
    Free Member

Thanks, I thought it was glue-related, but was confused because obv it doesn’t heat up like a regular glue gun. I guess those stick things in the packet are already liquid?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah, 2 part resin gun. This angle shows it better :

Kahurangi

The stick things in the packet are nozzles that mix the 2-part glue/epoxy together so that it’s mixed by the time it comes out. There are lots of them as they have to be discarded once they start curing!

finbar
    Free Member

Right, splendid, thanks all ! I’m glad it wasn’t an entirely obvious answer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What is this tool?’ is closed to new replies.