Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • what is a CX type bike
  • simonlovell999
    Free Member

Just seen on boardman bikes there cx bike. what is used for, looks good

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Cyclocross, kinda a halfway house between road and mtb.

Ace fun. Racing CX will murder you.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

oh sounds good. will it last off road for a good sprint

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

CX bikes are surprisingly capable off road, just don't expect to be doing 60ft road gaps. You can get pretty beat up if its rough, but its good fun.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

oh sounds even better. getting a bit fed up with a heavy full suss. try and find something half decent second hand. i dont do jumps anyway, just like to ride hard

Starrman28
    Free Member

CX is awesome fun, racing is hard & fast. The bikes are great to ride and not just for racing, not the sort of thing you'd ride at trail centre (although I know people who have :-).

I saw that Boardman in Halfords look pretty pretty good.

Drac

Took delivery off a Jake the Snake, yeah I know I keep going on about it, on Friday and must see they're tremendous fun. I normally ride a Heckler but the Jake for evening spins along country lanes, farm tracks and bridleways has been immense fun.

meehaja
    Free Member

My CX bike makes a perfect commuter and is also ideal for those days when you want to go off road, but it's more fire roads and farm tracks than fast techy singletrack and drops! Great fun, easily the most practical bike I own! (after the BMX the long travel singlespeed and the track bike)

bigG
    Free Member

I'm heading up to try Carron Valley on my CX bike this weekend. As apparently it's all do able on a crosser.

G

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘what is a CX type bike’ is closed to new replies.