Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What hardtail? N+1 time….
  • abdoujaparov
    Free Member

Looking at potentially buying a hardtail at some point in the near future, to replace a orange alpine that just isn’t getting the use so not strictly N+1….

Been looking about and cant quite decide what to narrow it down to, one minute i am looking at more trail orientated bikes then the next its lightweight XC whippets any frames that sort of fit between these?

Expecting ~120mm forks mainly for XC and trail use (90% of riding is north downs/surrey hills)
    Budget is around £1000 but will stretch to close to £1500 for the right bike in the right spec, no problem with second hand as long as it isn’t a carbon frame.

Any recommendations for my search?

Edit – just to add i already own a 120mm FS 29er so im leaning more towards the XC whippet range of hardtails if possible

Bregante

There’s a couple of Cannondale Flash 29ers on Pauls Cycles for around £1k

poah
    Free Member

bird tr or dartmoor primal

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Cotic Soul. Kinesis FF29 or Bird. Loads to choose from. Whyte have been producing some great hardtails for years. The new Marin line up looks rather nice too (I rather like the Rigid Pine Mountain) 🙂

batman11
    Free Member

Orange crush, production privee oka with second hand parts should come in around £1500

chiefgrooveguru

Very impressed with my Bird Zero AM. The TR version is lighter and less slack and designed around a 130mm fork. It’s more trail than XC but unless you’re racing I can’t see the downside as it’s pretty light with a steep seat angle and long top tube for efficient pedalling – but will be much less nervous downhill than a true XC frame. Good components for the money on all the builds (and they’re spec’d to perform well, the money is spent where it actually matters – proper tyres etc!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What hardtail? N+1 time….’ is closed to new replies.