Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What GPS watch?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

After having a Forerunner 230 for about a week before it broke, I finally got a refund.

Before I just buy another, is there anything else I should be looking at?

It’s mainly for riding and strava.

Cheers

Ricks

superfli
    Free Member

I just upgraded my 310XT to 735XT. I was going to get a FR235, but thought the tri watch would likely be better at cycling activities than the predominately running 235/230. 735 (and 235) have HRM built in, so you can leave your strap at home if you’re wearing on wrist – I still cycle with mine on bars and use HRM strap though. Its good for running.
    All the smart features and additional activities/widgets/apps you can add are nice. A bit overwhelming at first, but I have the hang of it. It measures steps and sleep too – the novelty will wear off soon I’m sure, but I’m paying attention to them at the moment. I can also use it for squash and football, so my strava/connect are now getting daily updates 🙂

Only gripe is that it feels a little flimsy. Its so light. Possibly it was made like that for running, but it doesnt feel very substantial.
    Oh, another. It doesnt do total altitude gain. Just current. Which on the watch is very off and varied. Once downloaded and on connect/strava it corrects the misreadings.

lorax

Depends on budget of course, but for under £100 my Polar M400 is great.

madweedavey
    Free Member

Decathlon are selling Forerunner 920XT watches for £280. I have one and it’s great for what I use it for.

bruneep

FR 235 user.

nice and light on the wrist, has all the functions I need.

Ive not needed Garmin support but my wife has used them twice and they were excellent both times. I’d buy another garmin if needed.

pablojm
    Free Member

Vivoactive has always just worked for me. Highly reccomended

MSP

I would go for a tomtom, I like the idea of having the option to have music without my phone.

sodslaw
    Free Member

Ambit3. can be got for cheaper than your 235 and the gps is still the best on the market. possibly overkill if you just want to track cycling though.

jam-bo

Really like my 235 but not sure I’d pay full whack for it. I got it for £160 and that seems about right.

mboy
    Free Member

Really rate the Garmin Vivoactive… Been using one myself for months now and it’s ace!

Speaking of which… Rickon, if you want one, I’ve got a BNIB one going spare. You can have it for cost.

Drac

Vivoactive HR works good as a basic smart watch too.

petrieboy

I’ve just picked up a fenix 3 HR from go outdoors – they beat the handtec price by 10% so it was only £350. Just playing with it now

thehustler
    Free Member

I have the gear fit (no gps) and really like it, the gear fit 2 does have gps and HR monitor. Oh and fit2 is IP68 waterproof too

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What GPS watch?’ is closed to new replies.