• This topic has 28 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by GW.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • What forks would you put on a 456 Ti?
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Just want to make sure I put a sensible set on, im thinking somehting qith 100-150 travel adjust, but coil, air? not sure what would be the ideal choice? any ideas?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Pikes, 140mm Fox Vanillas or 150mm Revelations. Something with a 15/20mm axle, put it that way.

takisawa2

Robespierre
    Free Member

150mm bolt through non-adjust revs on mine. Seems just right.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Don't bother with travel adjust, 140mm coil forks with bolt-thru will be spot on

speaker2animals

Fox Float 140 with bolt through.

vinnyeh

I settled on Float 140's 15mm, after using U-turn qr Revs- for me the Floats climb better, rather counterintuitively.

Also tried Talas 36's and, frankly, they felt awful- too much for the bike. A bit difficult to explain, but the stiffness of the fork felt like it was overwhelming the ride of the rest of the bike.

poppa
    Free Member

Just wondrin', apart from possibly being able to justify some more expensive ones, would you guys spec different forks for a Ti 456 over a steel one?

happysv
    Free Member

150mm revs on mine.

guitarhero
    Free Member

I would put a Pushed Pike air on. In fact I did. Never wind it down so dual air would be the ticket. Pushing makes a big difference though.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Pike 454 coils with 20mm maxle.

jonb
    Free Member

I'd put lighter more expensive forks on the Ti as they would match the frame better in terms of cost.

Personally I'd go for Air 140-150mm, bolt through, non adjustable (I never use it) Fox or Revelations

I have 2009 140mm QR revs on my steel 456

AndyRT
    Free Member

I put 150mm DT Swiss EXCs on, which have the added advantage of weighing almost nothing, and at a push of the adjust drop by 100mm and go rigid for climbing, which makes them the best forks for singlespeed climbing!

Oh and the axle to crown is shorter than Pikes, so the bike feels great at full travel even when climbing

oomidamon

I've got 09 TALAS QRs on mine, quite like having the travel adjustment. Probably depends more on how you intend to use the bike – I've gone for a lightish build 'cos I'll use it for commuting, xc riding & trail centres. I don't see the need for anything too harcore up front for my intended use.

mcboo
    Free Member

Have 09 32 Talas 15mm bolt through 140mm on mine. Depends what you are going to ride. I had all days in big hills with lots of climbing in mind when I specced it up so wanted to keep the weight down. If its wheels off the ground then maybe something burlier, I wouldnt know. Quick wind down and lock for the climbs, 140mm as much as I've ever needed coming down the steep stuff.

I love that bike

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

wheels on the ground as I have a nackered neck would be built with EX1750 dt swiss wheels (20mm front) thomson kit, Mono Mini Pros, x9 gears and XT chainset, really looking to build an all rounder for all day rides in wales, somerset etc needs to be light but take abuse at the same time

CHB

How about a set of those 140mm Maguras in the on-one sale?

whippersnapper
    Free Member

140mm air Revs with maxle on mine with U-turn. They are always at 140mm and I have never felt the need to wind them down.

chakaping
    Free Member

2010 Revelation Team U-Turn with Maxle lite.

stoney
    Free Member

They must be white

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Fox 36's on mine fixed at 160mm travel!

Only on because they're the only forks I have and although it actually rides Ok it just doesn't seem right. 150mm air Revs will be along soon, prob adjust the travel to 140mm and leave it there.

billyboy
    Free Member

I've tried '08 Talas QRs 140/100, Pace RC41 130, and Pushed Pike Air U turns 140/110. The best all round suspension action was the Fox but it pinged off rocks and made things feel a bit scarry………….possibly the 15 bolt thru Talas would be best but people on here reckon it's similarly flexy. The best downhill was the Pace and the best overall was/is the Pike (shame about the weight though). Tried Revs (08/07 QR) on a steel 456. They somehow failed to impress.

Saccades
    Free Member

RC41F

Keva
    Free Member

130mm Revs on mine, still too much travel.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

#
    stoney – Member

They must be white

Posted 2 hours ago # Report-Post

Fashion advice from a man with bar ends (looooong ones) on risers!!

ando227
    Free Member

I have pace rc40 fighters 130-150mm, the front hub is an on-one 456 with a 9mm qr for extra stiffness. I ride it at 130mm unless its gettin steep and rocky.
    Loving it!

stoney
    Free Member

Hey Rob.. it`s only IMO of course. But bar ends work. Period!

Tosha
    Free Member

Hey Real fine looking Ti,would you be intrested in selling the complete Bike ,youve got it just about perfect!!

GW
    Free Member

SID or REBA

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘What forks would you put on a 456 Ti?’ is closed to new replies.