Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • what e-mail provider
  • dogbert
    Free Member

Stopped using Hotmail a while back and Gmail is getting right on my beads, so i’m looking for a new e-mail provider……any suggestions?

cp

I find yahoo blimmin brilliant.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

i’ve been on gmail for about 5 years, can’t fault it to be honest.

finbar
    Free Member

What on earth annoys you about Gmail? It does literally nothing wrong in my opinion.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have one mailbox with 123-reg and another with google apps (gmail but using my own domain) and neither give me any trouble. What problems are you having?

GrahamS

Personally I use http://fastmail.fm.

Been using it since 2002 with never a problem. Nice text-based (no ads, no flash or graphics) web interface which means it is sill usable on even the direst connection.

Full IMAP access, ability to write IMAP sieve scripts, have virtual domains, multiple “sent from” aliases, DNS records. All that useful geeky stuff.

Plus it’s not GMail (they know more than enough about me already!)

Only downside is that you have to pay for it and storage is limited – both of which seem a little anachronistic in these days of free unlimited everythings.

Stoner
    Free Member

Mrs S and I run our (2 person) business on a Google Apps platform.

Effectively gmail but with some more functionality and the ability to use your own domain. It’s brilliant for us. Device independant. 100% up time, inconceivably small risk of data loss, a 100% effective spam filter, google search power. Bit of a techie hoop jump to get all the DNS/Mailserver thingummies in the right place and linked with my hosting service. But otherwise, top mail service IMO.

xiphon
    Free Member

*waves* GMail user over here since….. June 2004…. geez that’s a long time!

It opened as an invite-only on 1st April 2004… so my unique user-ID must be very low…

joolsburger
    Free Member

Seriously? gmail is the nuts AFAICT.

xiphon
    Free Member

Oh, and I’ve just migrated our company to Google Mail Apps for Business (with Outlook being their client)

atlaz
    Free Member

I like GMail personally but occasionally (i.e. sending documents around) use Hushmail which is also very good.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘what e-mail provider’ is closed to new replies.