Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • what did you have for christmas dinner?
  • rOcKeTdOg

i had one rich tea biscuit all day, eaten via trips to the bathroom and bed…blooming virus! 🙁

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Cola baked gammon with mustard and maple syrup glaze with baked potatoes and roasted shallots, not a fan of Turkey and have a BIG roast happening in a coule of hours so am trying to save myself for that

peachos
    Free Member

did my first xmas roast, a big goose. went ok, apart from having to pop the bird back in for another 30 mins just after i'd served the veg because it was a tad undercooked. it was a learning curve though; either add an extra half hour on in future (even though i followed the 1/2hr per kilo cooking times) or check the oven temperature more thoroughly (i'm sure it must have been lying to me when it said 100degrees). gravy was tops though!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Lamb for a change. At the in-laws who are all veggies, so have to bring the meat myself. Too many sprouts and leeks and onions PAAARRRPP!!

iDave
    Free Member

pork belly with crispy fat and half a bottle of red – had to wait 5 hours before desert would fit!

RichPenny
    Free Member

A Hunza Nut mule bar and about half a litre of SIS Go 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

lasagne and salad with Danish sweet potatoes, and there was home made pomegranite ice cream but I had no room :o)

atlaz
    Free Member

Depends which day. I'm in France so we kicked it off on Xmas eve…

Load of canapes
    Cod (with risotto and saffron sauce), giant seabass (veg and saffron sauce), pigeon with veg, quail with a fois gras and truffle sauce and potatoes
    3 types of cake
    Obscene amounts of wine

Christmas day was…
    12 oysters, Langoustines, Smoked salmon
    Roast duck, mash, celery
    Cheese
    Fruit tart
    Loads of wine

It's not slowing down today either (to be honest, I'm a week into the gorging). I feel ill.

That's what you get for meeting up with family you haven't spent much time with in almost 10 years I guess. It's fun but I get the feeling I need a month on bread and water.

ianpinder
    Free Member

peachos, it's meant to be 30mins per lb (1/2 kilo) plus 30mins 😆

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Roast ribeye beef on the bone – from a Dexter (2 1kg joints) – almost organic, slow reared on grass and raised/slaughtered/butchered about 1/2 mile from the house. Probably the best lump of cow I have ever cooked or, indeed, eaten.

With roast tatties, snips, sauted carrots and sprouts in garlic butter. Followed by pavalova with sweet chestnut puree. And Chocolate Guinness cake. Mmmmmmmmmm

ebygomm
    Free Member

Part Danish part English for me, so duck and pork with white cabbage in white sauce and potatos sauteed in sugar (Danish) plus sausages in bacon, stuffing balls, sprouts and carrots.

BigJohn

I roasted a 2kg sirloin. If I do beef I usually do bone-in rib or pot-roast a brisket but this was delicious. I had been making stock for the gravy for days, added roast potatoes and carrots, braised leeks and proper colemans mustard from powder.

PS – never buy jars of duck fat for roasting spuds – buy a duck, roast that, and you will have a free jar of duck fat and a carcass to boil for stock.

snowslave

Curry from East to East Riverside in Manchester. Fab.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Turkey with roast spuds, carrots, honet roast parsnips and for some strange reason croquet potatoes (mother-in-law's choice), some gravy & cranberry sauce.

Best part of a bottle of Cava 'cos everyone else didn't fancy it and a load of bud

BigJohn

And I didn't watch ANY telly

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Turkey with all the trimmings. Followed by gallons of booze.

Got to bed a 5am. 😀 🙁

twang
    Free Member

what did you have for christmas dinner?

Sausages..not special festive sausages, just ordinary ones from the back of my freezer because I left my shopping too late and couldn't find anywhere that had anything other than dodgy, intensively farmed, cheepo bird so went for the sausages…..with all the trimings of course!!
    Oh yeah, and gallons of booze!

Sandwich

Twice stuffed chicken, honey fan and ordinary roast spuds, honey glazed roast carrot and parsnip, sprouts and peas. Choice of Key Lime Pie, Christmas Pud or chocolate fondant. Booze was just enough for the day.

millsonwheels
    Free Member

A layered nut loaf (with chestnuts/ red onion & hazelnut stuffing), roast pots and parsnips, lots of lovely veggies and bread sauce. Yum. Made the nut loaf too big, so nut loaf sandwiches for the rest of the week!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

A layered nut loaf

MTFU.

😉

millsonwheels
    Free Member

MTFU

It was/ is bloody lovely thankyou very much! Looked nicer than the weird stuffed turkey legs (?!) that the rest of the family were eating.

millsonwheels
    Free Member

Oh and I hope you are feeling better now rOcKeTdOg'S biggest fan, and that you get the chance to have a special meal another day instead. Its rubbish being ill at Christmas 🙁

martinxyz
    Free Member

M&S lasagne and chipz.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Just the usual…

Turkey
    Roast Pots
    Braised Cabbage
    Sprouts with bacon and chestnuts
    stuffing (2 types)
    carrots
    celeriac
    sausages
    bacon rolls

I felt rather full after that.

Drac

Depends which day.

This year Xmas fell on the 25th.

Had cold ham at work then beef and pork dinner when I got home.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

We had a venison carpaccio for a starter and then a roast pheasant with a cranberry and nut stuffing with roasted potatoes and spicy red cabbage with steamed veg. Christmas pud and lashings of brandy cream followed. Burp!

atlaz
    Free Member

Drac – Except you're making the assumption that everyone celebrates like the UK. In the UK Christmas Eve isn't a big deal but in France it is, hence the comment (considering that's where I am and where part of my family is from). For a lot of people over here, the Christmas eve meal IS the only big meal over that couple of days.

TN
    Free Member

Me and J had tomato and home made paneer curry, chick pea curry and garlic naan on christmas day. Did the big family meal today 'cos various family members were working yesterday. Got my sprout fix. Also a roast veg and boursin parcel with maple roast carrots, parsnips and potatoes, green beans and cider gravy. Mum's infamous rum and chocolate mousse for pudding. It was great, but despite trying really hard not to, I ate too much and feel a bit podged now. Ooops.

nockmeister
    Free Member

Aldi 3bird roast…spot on for a tenner!

SaxonRider

A spindly goose and a pork roast done to perfection, together with IKEA's lingenberry sauce at my kids' request.

Mmm good.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘what did you have for christmas dinner?’ is closed to new replies.