Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What cheap projector, or projector hire.
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

Hello,
    I’m looking for a projector for my wedding speech. I’ve seen some that can be plugged into a mobile phone for less than £20 but none in the UK yet. Does anyone know of any suppliers in the UK or indeed if the quality is passable? I’m not expecting it to be amazing. I’m making a short flash cartoon as part of my speech and would like to display it on a large screen.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

The one I’ve seen is on the website ‘iwantoneofthose’ & is called smartphone projector

maccruiskeen

Unless you are giving the speech in the pitch dark to an audience of six then hire a proper projector. Projecting in a lit room with an image of any size you need at least 2000 lumens and a heigh contrast ratio -around 5000:1, so preferably DLP rather than LCD.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

There was one on the classifieds about a month ago, might be worth a look.

maccruiskeen

You should be able to hire something for about £50, I also pick up high-milage ex-school projectors on ebay for around £50.

The key is in the content you’re showing – to keep the image clear and bright if you’ve got a lot of ambient light is you want to get your projected image as as small as you can get away with, rather than going as big as you can, so keep your imagery contrasty and bold so that it reads clearly on a relatively small projection

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Thanks very much. I expected the £20 job to be a bit naff but wanted to be sure before counting it off. Funding wise I may just stick to a0 printouts and do it the old fashioned way and point to it.

Smudger666

If it’s in a hotel, they’ll usually have one – esp if they do conference room hire – might be worth checking.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What cheap projector, or projector hire.’ is closed to new replies.