Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • What chainguide do you prefer for your enduro/AM bike?
  • tomasis
    Free Member

As title says, Im curious what do you prefer?

I been looking at different guides as Straitline, e13 SRS. I didnt decided for chainring size so Im curious about your preference on that as well.

PiknMix
    Free Member

34t MRP G2 SL, brilliant bit of kit for a single ring.

Helvetica85
    Free Member

34t E13 LG1 Trail. Works great if you ever do any xc type rides too as you can take the lower half off (and enjoy the silence) buy undoing a couple of bolts.

neallyman
    Free Member

I haven’t got on with MRP, found the lower and upper guides to break very easily and be expensive to constantly replace….e-thirteen for me.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Running 2×10 with a bash and lower roller (mech at the top obviously)

Wasnt sure what it would be like as I’ve not tried this setup before. Very impressed after the first proper ride; took the bike up to Aston hill where I always used to drop the chain repeatedly on my old triple setup and didn’t drop it once.

hugh_b
    Free Member

I’m running 1×10 with an e-thirteen lg1+. Was running 1×9 on my previous 2 bikes with the same model of chain device. Has always been spot on.

Northwind

Stinger and bashring on mine. (22/36 with 1×9). Works a charm. Though at some point I’ll switch on the 1×10, clutch mech and MRP 1X chainguide and see what happens.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Running 2×10 also, use e-13 trs+, very impressed and was a cinch to fit with the added bonus that it looks the mutts and got a free e-13 t-shirt to boot!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

E 13 drs srs or lg

Depending on config.

As for ring size I lasted a year at 1×9 with a 36 but wasn’t worth it so been 2×9 since on 22/36

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I’m loving my 32t Straitline Silentguide – got it cheapish in CRC sale and it’s been great. As the name suggests, almost completely silent and very little drag despite no moving parts. 32 tooth specific, so it’s really nice and compact.
    It replaced a cheapo e*thirteen one which was heavy and needed some substantial re-machining to make it work.

mbarnes
    Free Member

35t renthal on Mrp mini g2

mbarnes
    Free Member

allmountainventure
    Free Member

1×10 with a superstar plasma

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Straitline silent guide.

After a couple of rides, it really is silent. Never lost a chain, light, easy to set up & no moving parts to go wrong/wear out 🙂

warpcow
    Free Member

I’ve always like Gamut guides. Light, easy to fit and then just run and run and run and run. Had an e.13 SRS (old model) before and it was the opposite of the Gamut, but I imagine newer ones are much improved.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have got e*thirteen LG and LS 1s they are both great. Beautifully made, non-draggy and above all silent.

LS has a a steel backplate but is otherwise identical to the LG and a bit of a bargain imho

honourablegeorge

neallyman – Member
    I haven’t got on with MRP, found the lower and upper guides to break very easily and be expensive to constantly replace….e-thirteen for me.

I had that problem too – then I noticed the lube I was using was right at the top of their “DO NO USE THIS LUBE” list.

No hassle since.

drookitmunter
    Free Member

Using the Straitline Silentguide on my Piglet and Five. Can’t fault them. Taken as many knocks as the breaky MRP/Gamut they replaced and still solid.

andyrm
    Free Member

Got a Superstar Plasma – had one on my old bike too. Has worked perfectly through 2 years of hard use. Totally happy with it 🙂

zangolin
    Free Member

Straitline Silentguide 32t version.
    Simple, silent and well made.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I’ve had 2 Gamut guides which were ace and now running an e13 LG1+ Trail, which is equally good.

tomasis
    Free Member

interesting replies!

Im doing aggressive enduro so I dont know if I can live without bashguard.

Lg1+ and straitline look good. I can loan Lg1+ from my dh and 36t and see if I can climb up with it.

If not, is it possible to mount 32t on shimano saint m810 cranks? I saw shimano offer only 34t maybe other brand can fit in?

in the case 32t, straitline looks good as compact guide. Also I see there is SRS+ 32t. Not many 26-32t guides yet?

skogsmulle101
    Free Member

Which bash/roller/ top chainguide set do you recommend?
    The Piggy is ISCG05 so do i need just that or will it go with ISCG or BMX

Antoher Piglet Questiion: Forkwise. I have an 150mm Sektor rl on it, can it be damaged or frame can be damsged. I mean , i like riding it (only on the street so far though) i can put in the rubberrings to get 130mm travel, but if i want 150mm is it possible without damage to fork & frame???

Thank you!

scruff
    Free Member

aggressive enduro

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘What chainguide do you prefer for your enduro/AM bike?’ is closed to new replies.