• This topic has 37 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by will.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • What cereal
  • muckytee
    Free Member

After a low sugar/salt cereal,

Cheers

tomhoward

Cheerios every time for me 🙂

saxabar
    Free Member

Dunno if it’s low sugar/salt cereal but Lidl’s blue muesli is my favourite by far (and inexpensive).

Keva
    Free Member

dorset cereals here, the blue packet. 16.8gsugar per 100 so not too bad. half mix it with jumbo porridge oats and add a few mixed nuts, sprinkle with cinnamon. yum.

muckytee
    Free Member

I’d love to have Crunchy nut for breakfast, but I eat enough sugar throughout the day, so trying to reduce it at breakfast time. As for salt, it’s cereal not porridge – it shouldn’t even be there.

headfirst
    Free Member

Special k red berries mixed with bran flakes are current favourite.

nuke

Shreddies for me

mikey74
    Free Member

Porridge with raisins, fresh fruit, and maybe a smidge of honey :mrgreen:

Oh, and cinnamon

Kryton57

Bacon.

chrismac

shredded wheat!! Nothing added just wheat. Add dried fruit to your bowl… good start to a ride.

muckytee
    Free Member

Bacon

Not really cereal unless it’s frazzles and milk you’re talking about…

Liftman

Bran flakes 😳

psling
    Free Member

What would Sir Chris say? 8)

sadexpunk

oatibix!! nomnom

SaxonRider

Kellogg’s ‘Froot Loops’ for me. But not the British-made version. It has to be imported for all its faux-citrus-y taste. I especially love the colour its turns the milk.

Oh, sorry. You said low sugar/salt.

tomhoward
    mau00149
    Free Member

2 x weetabix and skimmed milk in the morning for past while for me

LeeW

Sugar free Alpen or porridge, with St Dalfour Fig Royale jam (no added sugar).

I used to only ever eat Dorset cereals, I kind of turned a blind eye to the amount of sugar in them. I can’t bring myself to eat them now. Although, I have been known to put a couple of spoonfulls of the chocolate granola in my porridge. 😳

I found out at the supermarket the other day that there is more added sugar in Branflakes than there is in Cornflakes.

pudd
    Free Member

Alpen, blue bag.

CaptJon
    Free Member

rice crispies

ahwiles
    Free Member

dorset: toasted spelt.

i have no idea about the nutritional value, it’s very tasty though! 🙂

paddy0091
    Free Member

sugar with a weetabix on top

munkster
    Free Member

I am slightly addicted to…

…(from Tesco) and today I reached my target weight (-2 stone since May) – doubt if the two facts are related 😉

greggparker9
    Free Member

Shreddies and wheatabix for me, mmmmm cereal!!

schnor
    Free Member

paddy0091 – Member
    sugar with a weetabix on top

^ this! Or shreddies, but aldi / lidl cheapo equivalent

Cletus

Special K Oats & Honey for me – more satisfying than other Special K varieties imo.

Bit expensive though.

beej

Oatibix, pretty much just plain oats (99%?).

Of course, I have to add golden syrup to mine to make then palatable. But at least I’m in control.

muckytee
    Free Member

Keva – Member
    dorset cereals here, the blue packet. 16.8gsugar per 100 so not too bad. half mix it with jumbo porridge oats and add a few mixed nuts, sprinkle with cinnamon. yum.

I have gone for this. Tastes a bit mleh, (I have been known to eat cereal at midnight) I think alpen blue bag stuff is nicer. Might try Oatibix.

All these “healthy good for you” cereals are new to me.

takisawa2

40g Tesco Bran Flakes
    1 Banana
    Sprinkling of Lidl Tropical Trail mix stuff
    Strawberries if in season
    Or tinned pineapple
    130g SS milk

hmanchester
    Free Member

Milk has more sugars in it than anything else so something like no sugar almond milk is a great alternative.

I make my own for a fraction of the cost. Tablespoon of un roasted almond Butter from bulkpowders, teaspoon of splenda and a few drops of vanilla essence/flavouring all in a blender with a pint of water. 20 seconds start to finish. Mmmmmmmmn.

roady_tony
    Free Member

+1 dorset cereal blue box – although at full price a bit hefty on the wallet,

+1.5 on porridge + honey.

sam_underhill

Cereal + Milk <> low sugar.

So….

I often have this:

1 tablespoon of each
    Sunflower seeds
    ground flax seeds
    pumpkin seeds
    goji berries
    ground almonds
    unsweetened coconut shavings (2 tablespoons of these)
    1 teaspoon of Chia seeds
    1/2 a banana

Then stick some Kara Coconut milk on it (it’s much like milk in appearance, not like tinned coconut milk).

Muke
    Free Member

I tried Granola the other week, seems to just be bits of flapjack without the syrup and far too sweet for my taste.

ski
    Free Member

Cornflakes. Cornflakes. Cornflakes, Cornflakes, Cornflakes. Cornflakes, Cornflakes, Cornflakes, Cornflakes.

PATHETIC. You’ll never win, you know. 😉

mountainman

It has to be porridge for me,then open to many flavours,add fruit,yogurt ,honey nice with fresh pineapple which seem to be cheap in either morrisons or lidl at one time or other.

Provides carbs,long lasting too warms you thru .

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve gone off cereals, now just have toast. Just have to make sure I buy the bread and get the propper unlsiced, whomeal, seeded, baked in store stuff, not the hovis crap. One thick slice fills me up untill lunchtime, another slice at work if I ride in.

Tried idave style breakfasts but can’t somach anything really uncalorific in the morning like sallad. And the ammount of eggs and bacon I was eating wasn’t healthy.

will
    Free Member

Kellogs Mini Max. Seriously love the stuff! It’s a little dear, so only get it when on special offer.

Usually it’s either Weetabix or Shreaded Wheat + choco-pops on top for extra flavour 😀

That’s one bowl when I get up, and another as a snack around 11:30ish 😆

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘What cereal’ is closed to new replies.