Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What Car tyres
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Thought the forum was getting a bit light on car tyre questions.

Last car Skoda Octavia fitted a set of Vredestein Quatrac3’s and liked them.
    New car current generation Polo. I need one front tyre, the other is half worn so in theory is good for a fair few miles yet. but thinking i could change more than the one.

Thinking about putting on 4 season tyres ie Quatracs or their ilk.

What tyres are worth a look, not too expensive? Basically want a fit and forget tyre, yes it does snow in the south but i don’t think going the whole way to winter tyres makes perfect sense, just don’t think summer tyres are the best compromise solution.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Uniroyal rainsport. Cheap and very good.

daveh
    Free Member

For which trail centre car parks?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Had rainsports on the van up front for a while. Very good for a mid range.

mrmo
    Free Member

For which trail centre car parks?

haven’t been to any trail centre since january, and that’s only if you count the FoD. So trail centre usage isn’t very high up the list, or are you refering to what tyre is fashionable this week, and what compound i should be using

john_drummer
    Free Member

Avoid WanLi tyres unless you want serious road noise

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve been looking for some noisier tyres.

WanLi it is ! Cheers.

br
    Free Member

If you need to ask, Michelin.

I put these on my wife’s car, on my own I run cheaper/riskier stuff.

popstar
    Free Member

You just can’t go wrong with Nokian tyres. Mid-range price with high end perfomance.

Once upon a time I’ve made a mistake going WanLi … never again.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

If you are near the south side of Swinley then Martins tyres in West End is excellent and as cheap as anywhere – even the onlines except their prices include fitting.

butcher

I once bought a powerful RWD car with a full set of brand new Wanlis on. Driving in the wet was like driving in the ice. And the aqua-planing even at slow speeds was equally as frightening. I honestly don’t know how some of these tyres pass any kind of road safety tests.

Falken and Kumho are commonly recommended among the budget ranks. Had Falkens (912 all season) last time myself and they seemed decent.

Northwind

I’ve been very pleased with my Hankook V12s… Not that popular I think but very well reviewed by folks that have tried them generally. Haven’t tried them in snow yet but they work well even in bad standing water.

popstar
    Free Member

Hankook’s are quite good too, but they seem to wear out a little faster due to softer compounds. OP once you decide which model to get check http://www.camskill.co.uk , cheaper than blackcircles or mytyres.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What Car tyres’ is closed to new replies.