Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What bike next?
  • whitestone
    Free Member

Following on from the “One bike to rule them all” (or whatever it was called) thread what would be your next bike or bikes if you were in the market for one and why? Say what you’ve currently got as well, we’ll restrict this to MTBs not CX or road. There’s no commitment to actually going out and buying it.

Currently have a Cotic Solaris hardtail. Would get a 26″ singlespeed HT – good for improving technique on.

cynic-al
    Free Member

CAADX cos I want a fast/light commuter/tourer beyond my Brompton, Six and Singlespeed.

wl
    Free Member

Latest Orange Five with Pikes. Currently got a lovely 2013 Five with Pikes (for sale) but the new one looks that teeny bit better for the most severe technical stuff in the Pennines, Lakes and Alps etc. Same bombproof simplicity too. Perfect all-year all-rounder for me.

DezB
    Free Member

restrict this to MTBs not CX or road

Well done cynic-al! 🙂

Currently a fairly recently purchased Yeti 575 (newer frame), but if I was buying now… jeez, dunno probably another Yeti, SB5C (though can’t get past that ugly magic link thing) so a new 575.

scotroutes

I’ve a hankering for an old Mmmbop or Ragley Marley, just for playing around on. I reckon there should be a surplus of 26″ componentry available at bargain prices 😉

loddrik
    Free Member

Got an Ellsworth Moment SST2, not in the market for anything else for years. I like 26″ and am sticking with it. I mostly ride my Brompton and Moda anyway.

rocketman
    Free Member

Full-on XC bike

Bored with trail bikes

ton

either a xl salsa fargo or vaya. or maybe a custom tourer.

thegreatape
    Free Member

A FS of some description, I think (never had one), otherwise a top end maybe custom HT (always wanted one). Currently have a Bird HT and a VGC but never used Genesis Day One Cross, which I ought to sell to add to the next bike fund.

brassneck

Whyte 29-CS

Because it’s waiting for me to collect it.

<quiver>

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m torn betwixt SC 5010C and a YT Capra Pro

Onzadog
    Free Member

Well, I was holding out for a Turner burner 3.1 waiting for 2916 Fox 34 and 1 x 11 xt…

…however, have you seen the rumours about a new carbon enduro Turner!!!!!

ferrals
    Free Member

Currently have a Whyte 901, in an ideal world my next mtb would be to switch frame and forks for an xc race hardtail. If I was rich it would be a pivot les 27.5 with marzocchi lcr carbon forks.

My next bike will actually be a cyclocross bike for commuting and the odd race. Either something second hand or just maybe a low end Ridley

Rorschach
    Free Member

shand

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Full suss for me.

Bregante

A steel 29er please. A new Solaris or Stanton Sherpa. I’m not fussy.

Would have to be an n+1 though cos I’m not giving my Gyro up.

AlasdairMc

Brompton. There’s a chance I’ll be doing some work in London so I’d get a Brompton which could be left in my office over the weekend or booked on the flight as luggage without extra costs.

I’ve run out of MTBs to want – still very much in the honeymoon phase with the Ti Stooge but I can’t see myself ever tiring of this bike…

Edit: currently also have an El Mar, Rocky Mountain fat bike and Ti roadie.

cookeaa

I reckon I would like to buy a 45650c to replace my 456ss if/when it dies and assuming such a bike is available to buywhen the time comes, I estimate death will occur Q3-2018

wiggles
    Free Member

I’m probably getting the Trek Stache 29+

Ideally i’d get some light XC wheels tyres for it also to make it more dual purpose.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What bike next?’ is closed to new replies.