Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What bike for transporting the kids?
  • Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Hi all.

At the moment I have a company van (Renault Kangoo)and drop my oldest son who's 4 off at the school nursery (1/2 mile from home) on my way to work. Starting in January I'll need to take my eldest to school nursery and then take my youngest who will be nearly 1 to a child minders (1.5 miles further on). Once a week I'll need to transport both them back from the child minders to home.

My company has been looking to change my van anyway but having tried to fit two child seats into the Peugeot Expert type van and failing it looks like I may have to hand the van back and commute by bike.

So, anybody out there taking two kids around town by bike? What's the best solution? I've been wondering if I can get a seat on the back of something like a Knoa Ute for the youngest and the eldest siting behind on the rack. If anybody has pictures of this kind of set-up can you please post them.

Thanks

Keith.

orena45

I've got a post running at the mo about cargo/longtails – several nice examples in there 🙂

Clicky

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Thanks orena45, some great photo's. Looks like the child seat thing might work.

aracer
    Free Member

Rear seat for the older one, front seat for the younger. By the time the younger is big enough you need to move him, the older should be riding a trailer bike.

Alternatively a trailer for both (cheaper than buying a specific cargo bike).

grievoustim
    Free Member

a guy at my kids' school uses a big dummy to carry his two kids. They both just sit on the board now, but at one point he had one in a child seat mounted on the back, and the older one sitting on the board

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What bike for transporting the kids?’ is closed to new replies.