• This topic has 130 replies, 89 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 131 total)
  • What are your petty bug-bears??
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

People in general

jackthedog
    Free Member

People starting threads, posts, emails or any conversation with “So.”

chewkw
    Free Member

Maggots of the human kind. Nuke them to kingdom come. Bloody maggots infestation.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Dogs.

I hate dogs.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Spelling pendants….

RustySpanner

People who think all kebabs are unhealthy.

People who think themselves superior because that refuse to read instructions then spend all their time asking me how something works.

People who automatically buy into media driven sporting rivalries:
    Just because I support X doesn’t mean I automatically have to hate Y.

TN
    Free Member

Sales people who, when asked for more information about an item (most recently a laptop and a radio) who accompany to said item and proceed to read the card on the shelf to you. That’s not more information, that’s information I already have after reading the same card myself.

Also, pacific instead of specific.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Telesales from mumbai who call themselves Dave, Steven or any other British name. When clearly they are Asian. Any (slim) chance they had of selling me something went straight out of the window the moment they blatantly lied to me.

MSP

Y

donsimon
    Free Member

People who say “hare” when they mean “hair” or “bear” when they mean “bare”. 🙄

grum
    Free Member

It’s Asda, not Asdas

No, it’s th’Asda’s

People who say “hare” when they mean “hair” or “bear” when they mean “bare”.

How can you tell the difference when they are speaking not writing it down. 😛

donsimon
    Free Member

That was too quick. 😉
    I meant people who write “row” when they mean “row”. 😛

King-ocelot
    Free Member

“Sales people who, when asked for more information about an item (most recently a laptop and a radio) who accompany to said item and proceed to read the card on the shelf to you. That’s not more information, that’s information I already have after reading the same card myself.”

This too, I recently was told “for only an extra £75.00 you gerra faster gigerhers processor” yes I can read that myself. The same salespeople who ask: “do you need insurance with that? Most electrical items develop a fault within the fist two years and repair bills are going up!” when your buying a £7.99 toaster.

Dark-Side

Overzealous mods.

santacoops
    Free Member

Asda.

IanMunro
    Free Member

This sums mine up perfectly.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo8FR8GGoJ0[/video]

rob-jackson
    Free Member

**** pluralising of **** words that don’t **** need it

santacoops
    Free Member

**** pluralising of **** words that don’t **** need it

😆

DrP

“Unnecessary hyphens” – I like it 😉

I’ll also add pointless road signs. Such as on the m27 west of southampton: “no right turn for next 10 miles, except (2 places to turn right)”. That’s more right turns than most 10 mile stretches of motorway, so why make a deal of there being ‘ no right turns’?!

DrP

donsimon
    Free Member

so why make a deal of there being ‘ no right turns’?!

Porque si, as they say in Spain.

emsz
    Free Member

Men.

pretty much sums it up I reckon…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Still none of the above.

singletrackmind

People in in supermarkets
    People texting when driving
    People driving waaay to fast in supermarket car parks
    Incorrect use of ‘There’

MrSalmon
    Free Member

MrSalmon – Member

‘Purchased’ instead of ‘bought’ in informal contexts.

There are formal and informal ways of buying stuff?

And nitpicking!

I’d heard about the pacific/specific thing but not sure I ever quite believed people actually say it until the AA man said it a few weeks ago. How do you get to be an adult getting that wrong? Surely they must see it written down somewhere and think “Wait a minute…”?

restless
    Free Member

Hate listening to people eat, especially apples.
    Also the noise when somebody scrapes their teeth on their cutlery 👿

People who have noisy shoes, so i can hear them clip-clopping.
    The sounds of keys being pressed on computers drives me nuts too

If somebody is eating whilst talking to me on the phone, I have to end the call.
    Chewing gum, ugh, It’s just horrid to watch somebody chomping away and wrapping it around their tongue.

In fact lots of things bug me 😕

schnor
    Free Member

restless – Member

Hate listening to people eat

Me too, especially when they’re talking to me ‘mwpff mwpffff blah blah’, just keep your trap shut ffs 😡

And people who say “y’know” every sentence, especially if I’ve asked them a question. No I don’t know, thats why I asked, you ****.

Fog lights on when its not foggy. People not putting the lid back on the milk bottle properly. People driving past me at night and only dimming their lights until they’re about 5 feet away.

People who put tins of cheap shaghetti / whatever in with the baked beans / whatever, but as I’m a bloke and obviously can’t read labels, don’t realise until I get home. I’ve got about 8 tins of beef ravioli and kidney beans in the cupboard. I hate beef ravioli and kidney beans.

My car is being constantly p*ssed on by dogs (every dry day, all four wheels have wet dribbles on, the cars next to me nothing). It doesn’t smell or anything but WHY ME? 😥

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I’ll also add pointless road signs. Such as on the m27 west of southampton: “no right turn for next 10 miles, except (2 places to turn right)”. That’s more right turns than most 10 mile stretches of motorway, so why make a deal of there being ‘ no right turns’?!

That’s as you go onto the A31, informing you there’s only 2 right turns as it crosses the New Forest.

For me, I work with Americans so pretty much everything they say grates me. Mostly it’s turning “I” into “Aye” in every instance. “Ayerack”. Where’s that? Is it near Iraq? “Mowzool”. Is that near Mosul?

Also, lack of manners grips my shit. As someone said above, a “thank you” when I hold the door open is not a lot to ask. Or “please” when you’re ordering something. I cringe when I’m behind someone in the cafeteria que and they say “Give me some beans, and some chicken”. You ignorant ****.

Finaly, when did “th” become “f”? I must have missed the memo on that one.

Fanks for layestening.

boxfish
    Free Member

Telesales cold callers.
    Doorstep cold callers.
    Grrrr!

Cougar

People who think themselves superior because that refuse to read instructions then spend all their time asking me how something works.

as an extension of this, people who wear ignorance / stupidity as a badge of honour.

I’ve supported people who’ve proudly proclaimed “I don’t know anything about computers,” when they’ve been secretaries or accountants. Now alright, if you’ve got a hard disk failure then that’s my concern, but if the crux is “I don’t know how to do a mail merge” then that’s not my problem is it, you’re just incompetent.

It’s not just IT either. On a daily basis people tell me, and anyone else who will listen, about their inadequacies with a big grin like it’s a commendable talent that they’re hapless. FFS, I don’t expect everyone to be good at everything, but at least have the decency to recognise that it’s a shortcoming.

Sales people who, when asked for more information about an item (most recently a laptop and a radio) who accompany to said item and proceed to read the card on the shelf to you. That’s not more information, that’s information I already have after reading the same card myself.

This. It makes me proper cross; what, you think I can’t read?

Men.

pretty much sums it up I reckon…

Racist.

TiRed

The death of “May I have…”. See “Can I get” above.

PJM1974
    Free Member

My f****** mother in law. Just taken her to meet my folks, I haven’t seen them in months and I wasn’t allowed to get a word in edgeways. Not only that, she’s suddenly privy to lots of family apocrypha which she’s chortling her head off about. As soon as I leave the room she’ll start running me down too…

It’s a good job I’m not holding a large, iron frying pan right now.

_tom_
    Free Member

Typed out email addresses (__ at __ dot com), most email providers have good enough anti-spam for this not to be an issue.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I hate the people on this site who only post to be rude about other people. Other than that, life is sweet.

😆
    😆
    😆

AlasdairMc

Call centre employees who hear me say my surname, then pronounce it back to me completely differently. Or even worse; the employees who try and correct my pronunciation of it.

Businesses set up to ensure nobody is accountable for your problem and the onus is always on you to chase response. Retail banks and phone networks are great at this.

Dog owners who think that everyone wants their dog to jump up on them, all the time (I have a dog and it’s nothing to do with the dog whatsoever, it’s the person).

CountZero

Front fog lights on cars
    Not anywhere near as bad as the new LED ‘running lights’ that seem to be getting everywhere. They are getting my goat in a big way these days

You’re going to be impossible to live with after a year or two then, seeing as how they’re the law. Volvo and SAAB have had their headlights on for years, did you get all bent out of shape because of that? At least LED DRL’s don’t drain power when they’re on. Personally, I rather like them, in poor light vehicles are a hell of a lot more visible at a much greater distance.
    Bloody telesales from outside the UK; let’s bypass the legislation that allows people to opt out of receiving unsolicited phone calls.
    As previously, ignorant gits who glare at me for having the affrontery to hold a door open; no, you snotty bitch, I’m not some throwback Neanderthal trying to demean your femininity, I’m someone brought up to be something of a gentleman and show some respect to other people. Unlike you, you sourfaced cow.
    Filthy scum who toss their trash on the ground and think it’s an acceptable way to behave.
    That’ll do for now.

clipper68
    Free Member

Whilst driving, people who turn left at roundabouts without indicating whilst you are sat there waiting, parking with just a itty bit of tyre on the high kerb and people who don’t thank you when you waited to let them pass….. ggrrrrr….

DezB
    Free Member

Volvo and SAAB have had their headlights on for years
    Rubbish! You can turn them off or leave them on. I turn them off. Except at night.

I cringe when I hear “Somethink” on TV or radio. My wife is allowed to say it though cos she’s lovely.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Pedantic people who think pedantry is a form of humour.

morgs
    Free Member

chicken-fillet breast enhancers…. they’re false advertising.

_tom_
    Free Member

People who struggle to get above 40 on a dual carriageway slip road. There could actually be a whole thread dedicated to annoying things drivers do.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘What are your petty bug-bears??’ is closed to new replies.