Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Went to the cat and dog home today
  • benz
    Free Member

Went to drop off a donation earlier today and asked if I could see the dogs.

You can certainly see what is the neds dog of choice. Poor Staffies. An ‘interesting’ Staffie x Akita…..and an American Bulldog (apparently) which was huge. Both were friendly eager to please dogs but it was made clear they were not suitable for homes with children or other animals.

Staff and facility was great and the dogs well cared for.

Would proper licensing actually deal with the idiots in society ‘though….

mikey74
    Free Member

Would proper licensing actually deal with the idiots in society ‘though….

No, but chemical castration of the idiots might.

RichT

After losing our setter/retriever cross to cancer, we went to Battersea to get a rescue as the kids are quite big now. We said that we don’t mind what kind of dog we got, but wanted a young bitch that is good with dogs and children as we often have visitors. They test all their dogs and recommended a dog which they thought had some mastiff in, but was down as a mongrel. We took her and I must say she has been excellent and is great with visitors and out on walks. A lovely gentle dog.
    We subsequently had a DNA test done: Half Rottweiler, half American Bulldog! Would we have taken her if we had known that? I don’t know, but some of my prejudices about certain breeds have taken a knock.
    Lots of lovely dogs in rescue, but take the advice from the home as they really know what they are doing!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Went to the cat and dog home today’ is closed to new replies.