Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Welsh Cotic Demo Weekend
  • bikebrechfa
    Free Member

We are the new Cotic demo centre and dealers based in West Wales, and are planning a demo w/e on the 19th & 20th May at the Cwm Rhaeadr mtb trail.

What would you want like to see offered at a demo w/e??

highclimber
    Free Member

Rocket, Soul and a BFe

creamegg
    Free Member

where in west wales are you based?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@creamegg the username provides the clue, yiumdontnhave to be Sherlock Holmes to solve this one !

bikebrechfa
    Free Member

We are based at Brechfa Forest, not far from Cwm Rhaeadr and the Brecon Beacons …. about an hour West from Afan Argoed.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Rocket please!

creamegg
    Free Member

@creamegg the username provides the clue, yiumdontnhave to be Sherlock Holmes to solve this one !

just because his username had brechfa in it did’t necesserily mean they’re actually based there. Could have quite easily been Carmarthen, LLandysul, Llandeilo, Llandovery and Lampeter amongst others.

I can’t remember seeing a mtb dealer last time i was in Brechfa, and theres not much there altogether to miss in the first place.

niloC
    Free Member

Solaris

barkbark10
    Free Member

The Sunday Cyclocross Bike (and some of those very nice Chocolate Rice Krispie Snacks!!)

Frankers
    Free Member

Free beer

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Rocket & Solaris would be the main ones. Soul, BFe and X Sunday would also be good.

bikebrechfa
    Free Member

We’ll see what we can do with the chocolate rice crispy snacks 😉

Northwind

Cotic fanbois like me will want to try the Rocket and Solaris- the new stuff basically. Everyone else will want the Soul and BFe and maybe the Rocket.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Great venue for bike testing. Rocket + Solaris would be good.

bikebrechfa
    Free Member

Great stuff – cheers – taking all this on board

So how much time do you reckon you need to get the feel for a bike? We were thinking of 1-2 hour slots per booking, do you reckon that would give you a good chance to check a bike out?

There is a 6.7Km loop which is a climb and then superb decent of singletrack swoopy loveliness, which you’d be able to go back and do, or do bits of again if need be.

Speshpaul

Rocket + Solaris would be good

rickon
    Free Member

To be honest a lap of Cwm Rhaeadr would be enough for me to get a feel for how the bike handles, there’s more than enough variety on the trail to give you a good idea off the bat – climbing, jumps, swoopy descents…

I’d be interested in a demo on a Rocket, I’ve got a BFe at the moment which is such a fun bike to ride – plus I’m relatively local too 🙂

I’ll bring my bonkers light BFe with me too, to give an idea of how else the bike can be built.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Agree a lap of Cwm Rhaeadr should give you a clear idea the bikes handling.
    Theres some vids of the descent somewhere.

andrewh
    Free Member

Soda! (please? Pretty please?)
    [EDIT] Just seen the date. I shall be riding a carbon Yeti around the Italian Riviera that weekend. Bugger. Tough old life…

simon-w
    Free Member

Solaris and cake.

A lap over the mountain ending in Cwm Rhaeadr? Bigger ride for the bigger wheels?

bikebrechfa
    Free Member

Cheers for all your comments, appreciated and taken on board. The event:
    http://www.facebook.com/events/276241029119219/

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Welsh Cotic Demo Weekend’ is closed to new replies.