Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Well that was scary!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Dunno if it’s been done but you dont get much cooler in a situation like that than this guy 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

Erm….why does he have a go pro on his head while driving?

Edit: Source

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTKL-WERvWw[/video]

wrightyson
    Free Member

I believe the story goes he had just bought it and was just having a little test run before using it in anger.

m0rk
    Free Member

‘apparently’ he is a film type who was testing his latest gear

I still reckon he was barrelling along like a knob, not paying attention hence the total overreaction & nerfing a dry stone wall

Jamie
    Free Member

I believe the story goes he had just bought it and was just having a little test run before using it in anger.

In anger? It’s a ’99 1.0l Yaris. 😀

Edit: Oh TJ’s here on a driving thread. Who lit the signal?

tjagain

filming himself driving fast? Unfortunately faster than his skills can cope with

brakes
    Free Member

he was clearly looking for trouble wearing a camera

wrightyson
    Free Member

The car overtaking coming up to a blind crest may have been the one in the wrong though. Just a thought.

jimjam
    Free Member

Jamie

Meh. No chance it’ll even see six pages. Unless Edukator…….

Jamie
    Free Member

filming himself driving fast? Unfortunately faster than his skills can cope with

Watch the video I linked. Or don’t if you want to get the thread up to 6 pages.

thepurist

Looks like he was just “making progress” but lost it on the brakes. Can’t see enough on my phone screen to dish out pious judgement comment further

jimjam
    Free Member

thepurist – Member

Looks like he was just “making progress” but lost it on the brakes. Can’t see enough on my phone screen to dish out pious judgement comment further

Yeah you’re right. If he’d been in a faster car with more powerful brakes and larger tyres he wouldn’t have crashed.

martinhutch

The car overtaking coming up to a blind crest may have been the one in the wrong though.

[/quote]

Could have been a horse’s face just over that crest he barrelled over. Or a fat mamil peleton! 🙂

Doing my bit for the six pager, right there.

tjagain

Its all right – I have learnt to make one post then walk away

Oh – hang on a mo………………

Jamie
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU[/video]

chewkw
    Free Member

The other car was not even close to panic brake. 😯

mickmcd
    Free Member

I’m uninjured I’m uninjured ,caught twice on tape

Yep there goes your claim for whiplash sonny Jim

After watching the second vid turns out it was a **** in a BMW on the wrong side of the road well could have been an Audi S line at least

Jamie
    Free Member

The other car was not even close to panic brake.

BMW, innit.

footflaps

The other car was not even close to panic brake.

Plenty of room for the overtake,

bearnecessities

Inexperience and overreacting to blame for that outcome. Seen plenty of overreacting to on the roads, it’s as if to make a point and is bloody stupid. Should have taken a split second to assess the situation and then realise he could have got past with plenty to spare. Although nothing to suggest he was speeding (although his reaction suggests he may know he’s not squeaky clean), he is at the upper limit of his capabilities if that’s how he reacts to a common occurrence on the roads.

The BMW had the power to carry out the manover, and did.

<Whistles nonchalantly>

mikey74
    Free Member

I thought the guy filming severely overreacted. Slowing down would have prevented his crash. It also looked as if he wasn’t able to control his car in an emergency situation. Having said that, it also looked like the overtaking car was doing so coming up to the crest of a hill, which was dangerous driving. I’d venture it was six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt Surfmatt

P-Jay
    Free Member

Accidents happen, Yaris driver seemed to be very quickly, but I’d guess a 60 limit on that road. Other driver made the move and the Yaris driver would have been completely fine if he’d just carried on doing what he was going but it’s hard to judge if you’re presented with a car coming towards you with a quarter of a secon notice.

Glad no one was hurt.

thepurist

What Rorschach said – was it a 330d?

aracer
    Free Member

Fixed

funkmasterp

^^What aracer said. The BMW driver must haves been one of those “I know what speed it’s safe to drive at” people that appear on every speed thread on here. You can be as awesome as all hell, but other people. Toyota man obviously freaked out and panicked.

7 pages, one epic flounce and at least three overhead maps of the road with lines drawn on them.

martinhutch

7 pages, one epic flounce and at least three overhead maps of the road with lines drawn on them.

Here you go!

Jamie
    Free Member

Erm….wtf, Russia?

57 seconds in.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC2Qwq4Ezl4[/video]

funkmasterp

^^ WTF 😀 Pokemon Go is dangerous kids!

km79
    Free Member

The guy in the Yaris doesn’t look like he was paying attention when he comes over that wee crest. There is a gap of about 2.5 secs before the BMW can be seen and him seeing/reacting to it. The BMW driver was an arse for overtaking there but the Yaris driver only had to scrub some speed to avoid a collision.

jam-bo

Overtaking before a blind crest, closing speed of probably 120mph+ and it’s the Yaris drivers fault?

The fact he had to even brake at all makes it the BMW’s fault.

jimjam
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

Erm….wtf, Russia?
    Russia’s sick of everyone watching 3hr crash compilations and concluding they drive like shit. Time for some payback.

martinhutch

but the Yaris driver only had to scrub some speed to avoid a collision.

If he’d played his Aerodactyl instead of that Cloyster, he would have prevailed unharmed.

RustySpanner

Dp, soz.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Yaris driver looked to be speeding. He also sounds young, so is probably a dick & an inexperienced driver.

rone

There is a gap of about 2.5 secs before the BMW can be seen and him seeing/reacting to it

But less than half a second before the BMW pulls in. Long white lines too and uphill.

Shit overtake.

Yaris going a bit too fast.

75/25 blame for the BMW v Yaris.

jimjam
    Free Member

More like 65/35.

Cougar

I was thinking 71/29.

martinhutch

Clearly the bloke in the third car decided to resist the awesome power of the Beemer overtake by putting his foot down and trying to race him. That’s why he’s apologising in the video.

So I’m thinking 45/25/30

jimjam
    Free Member

rone

75/25 blame for the BMW v Yaris.

jimjam

More like 65/35.

Cougar

I was thinking 71/29.

martinhutch

So I’m thinking 45/25/30

Educated guesses, but still guesses. Alas there is no one on this forum who has sufficient levels of driving skill combined with decades of experience to really tell us the exact percentage of blame to apportion to each party.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Well that was scary!’ is closed to new replies.