Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • weepy tyre – how long ?
  • iainc

converted new bike to tubeless at the weekend and all went fine. Nobby Nic on front had a pinhole on the tread which was losing a bit of air and wet with sealant. I haven’t had a chance to ride it but have given it a good shake about and rotated it a few times a day. It does seem to now be holding air, pretty much, but the pinhole area is damp and has some bubbly sealant on it, which comes back if i wipe it.

I’m assuming getting out for a decent ride will settle it ? In which case I’ll just keep an eye on it and rotate the wheel a few times daily till the weekend…

benpinnick

Riding is best, but throw a teaspoon of glitter in the tyre and it should seal up ok.

kayak23

Get it rid.
    My Spesh tyres seem to weep forever mind.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Some tyres just do that, nothing to worry about IME, just means you need to be sure to pop some sealant in there every 3 or 4 months.

rOcKeTdOg

My fat tyres weeped for about a week. A long ride sorted it though

rOcKeTdOg

Double post

iainc

good stuff, cheers

iainc

thought I’d update this. Couldn’t get out for a ride at weekend due kids stuff so popped pump on both tyres and took them up from 25 to about 45 PSI, couple of healthy loud pops from each suggesting that my initial first timer setup hadn’t been quite right… So now they are holding air fine and no weeping 🙂 Haven’t dropped pressure back down yet but will before riding !

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Less than a conti, longer than maxxis?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘weepy tyre – how long ?’ is closed to new replies.