Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Weekend riding plans.. (& pics)
  • jekkyl

18/11/2016
    I think for most of us the weather looks dryish for Saturday and Sunday so make the most of it while you can.
    I’m out riding in the dark tonight.. staying local and urban, might do a tour of Stoke’s spoil heaps which usually do provide some steep & loose fast fun in small doses for repetition. If I find the time I plan to finish off my new 29er build and get out on a shakedown ride on Sunday.
    What’s on your weekend agenda?

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

I think a few hours in the Dark Peak tomorrow before my wife gets back from holiday. Either that or a local Barnsley / Wharncliffe loop with some trail clearing that I’ve been meaning to do for ages. Not sure yet.

Sunday will be the first tentative pedals of the latest ‘gearbox’ bike build – I really should get some photos and get them posted up here…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Early Paddlesurf for us lot, tides are a bit wrong, looks a smidge too windy too.. but we’ll be out getting dunked, possibly skunked.

daviek

Does today count?
    Went to Kirkhill for my first time out on my bike in months and it showed! Still got a couple of hours of mixed stuff, some fire roads, some single track through the trees and a couple of shots of the fun park. Some bits were treacherous with ice and frost everywhere the sun wasn’t hitting though.
    Home now for a heat and a seat!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Gisburn sunday, might take a wet suit as the puddles there get pretty deep.

weeksy

Tricky one this weekend. On the turbo tonight on Zwift, so resting tomorrow. Sunday is CX race locally for Wessex CX that my boy may end up doing, but he doesn’t seem massively inclined at the moment and i don’t want to force his hand. If i push him a bit he’ll deffo go. I may end up doing a 2-3 hour local ride on the Parkwood though.

benp1

I’m hoping to get out tonight for a local pootle

Night riding round the local park/woods, will be about 3C so nice and chilly

buckster
    Free Member

A.m. around the hills local to me, mud plugging to be frank and the weather is supposedly awful too

canopy
    Free Member

on my own for the time in quite a while. (very weak possibility i’d rendezvous with a mate), so will be an exploring one.

will be out at soon was i can be bothered sunday morning.

if its not mega windy.. quantocks from staple plain. head up to the trig point above smiths combe, but instead of “doing” smiths i’m going explore the ridge line to the north (smiths knapp) and look at other lines down into the lower smiths singletrack. once at the bottom also explore alternate routes back up. beyond that i dunno.. a couple hours worth and some good climbs.

if it is windy i’ll stick to the combes/valleys and go up from hodders combe, head over to “mini chimney” then investigate a trail somewhere between the dead womans ditch / old devils galloping..

if it weren’t for the fact i’m basically guiding a group from another nearby area the following weekend i’d sack it off, so riding with others is good encouragement to get out, and to keep fitness up!

JackHammer

Early doors (for me 8am ish) lap of Cwmcarn after weeks off the bike with a chest infection.

Asthma pump will be ready and waiting in my pocket.

Then off down the brewhouse for the rugby.

fathomer

Peak tomorrow, classic Kinder Loop with some additions. Sunday will be a local road ride in the rain by he looks of things.

rocketman
    Free Member

Cannock was apocalyptically crap today

cold, windy, damp, plasticky tyres, wooden brakes, uncompliant suspension, shit rider

One of those rides 😕

toofarwest

Real
    Ale
    Wobble

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Trying hard to mtb south lakes instead of road ride round the lakes but am struggling to get any backing in the group chat!!

MoreCashThanDash

Gentle road ride tomorrow from Hope Valley with an old mate who broke his wrist in the summer. Then a Scout district swimming gala in the afternoon.

Sunday looking awful round here, so will shelter indoors and look forward to Mon-New-****-Bike-day!

stevedoc
    Free Member

Just a little light winter clothes shopping tomorrow followed by using said clothes around Ambleside , Timberthwaite and Loughrigg Sunday , unless clear skys then something a little more meaty

postierich
    Free Member

Ride out of Staveley tomorrow then attending Kendal Mountain Festival Bike night hopefully get Danny Macaskell out on a ride Sunday 🙂

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Building up my Hardtail tomorrow then going to Kendal for the Bike night.
    Plan on going for a ride on the newly built up hardtail on Sunday.
    Obviously this is presuming I’ve not forgotten anything when I ordered all the parts..

Ambrose

‘toofarwest – Member

Real
    Ale
    Wobble ‘

Me too- see you there. I plan to remain at least semi-sober this time…

scotroutes

Down to Findhorn for a bivvy/camp with Piemonster and Metalheart (if he doesn’t call off with the fakes). It’s promising to be around 4-6C warmer than Aviemore (i.e. hovering around freezing).

piemonster

Still **** cold tho!

mrhoppy

Putting the snow in Snowdonia on a moel siabod/sarn Helen loop.

iainc

No riding due crash 3 weeks ago and avulsion fracture in elbow 😯 . Assessment day tomorrow for BC Coaching qualification, thankfully riding is not required 😀

Sunday may include a hangover if tomorrow goes as planned !

benp1

Just got back. Both my mates couldn’t make it so went out solo. Frost showing in a few places, was lovely, crisp and quiet

hairyscary

Scolty Hill tomorrow for some frozen, fast running trails.

Dropped my car at the garage at 3am this morning and cycled the 10 miles home with the temperature at -6*C……..painfully cold.

kiwijohn

Get this lot set up.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Early sessions tide catching, kook hat wearing wave carving.

dvowles82
    Free Member

Very nice. I’m gagging for a surf!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Local spot will be a scary 6ft shore dump onto cobbles exercise tmrw so may go and look. Riding wise not feeling it as was on nights last night and my coordination is rubbish today.

hairyscary

Ming the Merciless
    Riding wise not feeling it as was on nights last night and my coordination is rubbish today.

I always feel a bit spaced out the weekend after nights. I’m tempted to take the financial hit to feel more ‘with it’ two out of four weekends.

Mackem

Short road/off road ride this morning. Bracing blizzards and freezing rain. Sun came out about a mile from home.

Tomorrow, mtb ride round Ramsbottom.

rocketman
    Free Member

Cannock was apocalyptically crap today

cold, windy, damp, plasticky tyres, wooden brakes, uncompliant suspension, shit rider

One of those rides
    Much better today I destroyed it. Bomb trails not people :mrgreen:

fathomer

Was a bit snowy over Jacobs Ladder today whcih lead to some tentative (read mincing 😀 ) decending. Some of the views where stunning.

https://www.strava.com/activities/779752323

[url=https://flic.kr/p/PmgAaU]Snowy Jacobs[/url] by Sam Dexter, on Flickr

Ambrose

My first ever ‘DNF’ at the Wobble today. Rear mech trashed in the wheel and despite attempts to fix it I ended up botching together a SS that was partially successful inasmuch it got me home.

Great beer in Llanwrtyd Wells though, yummy 🙂

senorj

Mud tyres on the slop bike and 30 mile of xc fun when I’ve finished work in the morning. Hurrah.

weeksy

Early evening dark, muddy and cold

Really nice though

jeffl

No riding today as I was with the kids all day, did manage to make it up to Mam Tor with them though

birky
    Free Member

Snowy loop round Glen Isla/Finlet, Glen Prosen, Glen Uig/Quharity

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

No biking today just a very icy run around Holyrood Park and up Arthur’s Seat at first light

OCB
    Free Member

Western edge of Dartmoor.
    Raw cold, made all the more biting by the torrential rain and strong winds, oh, and slippery roads (with bonus autumn colour still just about holding on).

😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Weekend riding plans.. (& pics)’ is closed to new replies.