Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 340 total)
  • Weekend Riding Plans & Pics…
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Plan: Roadie for me all weekend. Weathers dried the lanes up quite considerably over the last few days and no forecast for rain 😀 I’ve some new winter gear to try out, some spanky new Giro Empire reflective dancing shoes, new winter top and a toothless grin.
    So Hampshires vast lane network ought to get ready for a Man in Black to come and blow snot balls all over the Downs.

It’s gonna be most excellent.

And you?

ferrals
    Free Member

Tomorrow morning heading out for a gentle fireroad hour with the wife and then doing another hour of 6min super-threshold efforts afterwards (I’m trying to copy trainerroads work out plan but outside).

Sunday morning will be a standard xc ride somewhere.

jekkyl

Cannock! – Twice hopefully, with different friends on different evenings, both will be in darkness. Riding there pretty much every week at the mo, love it, it just gets better with every ride.
    Also probably cheeky up Barlaston Downs on Saturday while my daughter and wife are at a 5yr old party for 2 hours. No way I’m hanging around to chat nonsense with a load of mummies.
    Have fun everyone!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Another penance of a day in Hong Kong tomorrow, riding dry trails down and taking cheap shuttles up with stewartc. Dreadful.

🙂

hairyscary

Bennachie and Millstone Hill in Aberdeenshire in a few minutes, on the trail bike. The joys of getting every other Friday off work.
    Dallas in Morayshire tomorrow, riding (well trying to ride) my DH bike, followed by curry and beer with a few people off this forum, and then sleeping in my car.
    Not really sure what the plan is for Sunday, but I believe it will involve riding a bike.

Trimix
    Free Member

Woburn Saturday – its dry and bloody good fun. Sunday probably trying to keep up with the missus as she has just bought a new Road Bike and wants to try it out.

Northwind

Been ill all week so not sure. I really want to get the big bike out and hammer some stuff tbh but might need to be a gentler one.

monksie
    Free Member

I’m getting dragged out of the Peak District house to Anglesey to get the holiday house ready for the holidays.
    The only redeeming factor is I’m road riding there. Weather looks good for it.

mintimperial

Lee Quarry on Sunday I think. Looks like it might be quite busy…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A wee cheeky night in the van somewhere round Thirlmere, riding sat and sun. Hoping to take in a wee cheeky loop up above Hayeswater along to Boredale hause and maybe if snow allows – Sticks pass.

Pics to follow. 😀

Edit – best of luck with the Lee Quarry day, always fancied the singletrack weekender there, never got round to it.

longmover
    Free Member

Planning a 50-60km loop taking in some hills and coastal paths linking up some old mine buildings and scenery, there will be some technical bits, road work, and tracks. It will keep me busy for the morning.

rOcKeTdOg

secret NWAlps trails tomorrow inc breakfast and long road ride around the lanes sunday.
    interspersed with omloop & K-B-K and a beer festival

nedrapier

Brother’s coming round with his new-to-him Karate Monkey, some new to the world Rebas, his daughters and their bikes.

Fit the forks, ride the bikes (punchbowl pootle with the kiddies), cut down laurel and holly trees. Longer ride on Sunday, hopefully.

SaxonRider

Roadie for me all weekend.

This, providing my frame is ready for me at the LBS this afternoon. Otherwise, it’ll be MTB at Cwmcarn and Cardiff North Saturday and Sunday.

gonzy
    Free Member

Lee Quarry on Sunday I think. Looks like it might be quite busy…

me too….see you there

asbrooks

Straight out of the door for me (Leicester). Mrs asbrooks has plans for me this weekend!

bianchiboy
    Free Member

A 200 mile trip to Wales from Essex in the morning for 5 nights @Ty Beic for a bit of a break inc The Antifreeze on Sunday at Coed Y Brenin & Penmachno/Marin Trails in the week and no work…yippee!

CheesybeanZ

Sunday off piste in the Forest of Dean .

mindmap3
    Free Member

Sunday morning I’ll be attempting to ride my Demo 8!

I’ve not done too badly with riding this week; the dry weather has been far more encouraging and it’s nice not having to wash the bike after every ride.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Off to grizedale now! Whoop!

lowey

Doing a Lakes ride that I’ve never done before in Eskdale. Cant wait for some new trails. Going to slay me but its all good fun.

forge197
    Free Member

Parkrun on Saturday and AntiFreeze at Coed on Sunday

scc999

Early start tomorrow to drive from Kent to Llandegla. Staying in Llanberis and then the Antifreeze at CYB on Sunday before driving all the way back home.

dannyh
    Free Member

Local yokel ride for me tomorrow morning, but with an explore of some nice hidden singletrack that was revealed to us on Wednesday evening’s night ride. Looking forward to riding it in the light so I don’t overshoot every corner trying to be cool at the front of the group 😳

hairyscary

Millstone and Bennachie today…….plenty of snow!

mrblobby
    Free Member

First club 10 of the season tomorrow, I’ll be there if I finish building up the bike.

Then hopefully some 60 miles of West Berkshire back roads on Sunday on the road bike if things go to plan (or a long turbo if it doesn’t.)

chakaping
    Free Member

Was gonna head out early Sunday to do a 100km road ride (an offering to the gods of Strava), but yesterday’s MTB ride showed encouraging signs of dryness on the trails – so now I am conflicted.

hairyscary

Was gonna head out early Sunday to do a 100km road ride (an offering to the gods of Strava), but yesterday’s MTB ride showed encouraging signs of dryness on the trails – so now I am conflicted.

…….conflicted……dry trails!!

postierich
    Free Member

working tomorrow but looking at in a big day on my fat tie in the South Lakes out of Staveley 60 miles plus on Sunday 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

More like slightly less sloppy trails tbh, but that’s appealling in its own right

lovewookie

tomorrow, finish building bike while daughter is having a party in the house (wife is supervising)

Sunday, well earned local spin on new-to-me bike. Just back riding after flu/cold/flu/cold for 7 weeks.
    could be crispy trails…

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Nothing for the weekend as I’m working Saturday and Sunday but I’m off next week so hoping that Surrey Hills will have dried out a bit for a couple of rides.

If there’s any particularly nice days I might head down to the seaside along the London to Brighton off-road route to get some miles on my new Kite 🙂

bigbloke
    Free Member

Thetford tomorrow for some simple twisty flat fast xc fun. No mud fingers crossed.

ceepers

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/12729637_1080322628675451_716784902_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE5MzUxNzMwNjM0ODk1NTUwNw%3D%3D.2

Won’t embed fir some reason!

No surf so Windy coastal cruise today, hard tails at Haldon with mates on Sunday

johnw1984
    Free Member

Me and the Wife also at Lee Quarry on Sunday. Maybe we need a STW signal, like some sort of handshake? 🙂

BigR

SMBO Day/Nighter around falkirk, could be chilly.

lucky7500

I was thinking of having a look at the Stirling classic ride from the current issue of the magazine, but it may not be the time of year for it. Quite likely glentress or Innerleithen for me otherwise.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

https://www.strava.com/activities/502825666

Bosh. Quick hour in before home to bath the boys. Still can’t ride loam. Top 10% on the rocky stuff, bottom 10% on the loamy stuff. Go figure, as they say.

Stunning sunset over the lake though.

Dibbs
    Free Member

The Quantocks is drying out nicely, a couple more days like this and the trails will be perfect.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve started as I mean to go on…

The Beer

The Bike..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 340 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Riding Plans & Pics…’ is closed to new replies.