Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Week in Cornwall in April – any recommendations?
  • mgig
    Free Member

Hi,

I am planning a week in Cornwall beginning of April with my family. Any recommendations of the places worth visiting from MTB perspective?

I know about Cardinham Woods which is not far from Polzeath where I will be based. Anything else in reasonable distance?

Also looking for places where I could spend a nice day riding with family and kids so less challenging
    Cheers 🙂

Michal

jam-bo

which is not far from Polzeath

just remember your dealing in cornish miles…

Lanhydrock has just opened as well and is well rated. rideable from cardinham.

do the camel trail if you want a nice family day out.

colin9

Cardinham is a worthwhile afternoon, manufactured trails which are good fun. It’s about two miles downhill from Lanhydrock which opened some trails about a month ago. Lanhydrock is more family orientated with some easily rideable stuff which still manages to be entertaining at speed. I’d start at Lanhydrock with the kids, then maybe graduate to Cardinham.

There’s also plenty of natural trial riding about the place, although I’m not too sure of any routes around Polzeath area.

mgig
    Free Member

Thanks a lot!

jam-bo

Cardinham is a worthwhile afternoon

you’ll need a couple of laps to make it a whole afternoon….

if you want to step it up a bit, gawton isn’t too far away (although it is on the right side of the river)

orena45

Grogley Woods near Bodmin if you like steepish natural trails. Stevede on here is the man to speak to.

Poldice valley near Redruth is good for DH & jumps. The family friendly Coast to Coast route between Portreath and Devoran runs through here too and links up with the Mineral Tramways trails in the area too. Bit far from Polzeath maybe though.

There’s also a new family friendly signed trail around Caradon Hill – Local news link

mgig
    Free Member

Great – thanks again!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Week in Cornwall in April – any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.