Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Website about watching TDF around Sheffield
  • averageatbest
    Free Member

Go an tweet and email today about this website about watching the tour around Sheffield. May be of interest to someone?

http://www.tourdefrancesheffield.info

docrobster
    Free Member

Nice useful site thanks

Superficial
    Free Member

Dammit, I thought my space at the top of the hill in Bradfield was a secret, not a ‘hotspot’!

Good find though – thanks.

rascal
    Free Member

This is very weird – but very good 🙂
    I came on tonight to ask about feasibility of watching Le Tour in Sheffield, maybe riding there from a nearby town/village not on the route..and saw this!
    Anyone else doing similar?

MrNice
    Free Member

I will be riding out from Sheffield – does that count?

rascal
    Free Member

Yes MrNice, I would say that counts 😉

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Interesting that everyone seems to be ignoring the descent and climb into Ewden Beck. (On the Strines Road between Midhopestones and Bradfield)

I reckon that could be a make or break moment. It’s a bloody fast descent into a horrible narrow damp corner/bridge, then a decent climb out the far side.

Thinking about riding over from Ladybower down the Dukes Road.

rascal
    Free Member

I’m open to a few cheeky recommendations

averageatbest
    Free Member

You could be right about the climb out from Ewden Beck. I’m sure Boonen crashed there in the TOB a few years ago. The peleton will almost come to a stop around there, so a good viewing point.

docrobster
    Free Member

Agreed re Ewden Beck.
    That’s where I’m heading!

oldboy
    Free Member

I was considering Bradfield, but I wonder how many cars the local lanes can accommodate. I think the website writers may have underestimated the potential popularity of this location.

rascal
    Free Member

Haven’t been to Wharncliffe Woods for years – guessing combining a ride there that day with watching the Tour would be a really stupid idea – purely in terms of a zillion other bikers thinking the same thing. Parking will be a mare anywhere around there won’t it?

averageatbest
    Free Member

Still disappointed that they did’t send the route into the Peak and go up Winnats. The crowds, view and atmosphere on there would have been amazing. I suppose that they didn’t want to venture to far into Derbyshire as it was a Yorkshire bid.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Website about watching TDF around Sheffield’ is closed to new replies.