Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Wayne Rooney
  • mitsumonkey
    Free Member

How can this man justify 200k a week?

Honestly he’s average at best

robgclarkson
    Free Member

he doesn’t… he commands £300k a week…. 😀

he has been indulged, both at club and international level, for far too long now.

that said, he set up the goal tonight…. such a frustrating player

theocb
    Free Member

Unfortunately for you; it is a fact that he is one of the best sportsman in the world!
    You are just a monkey on a bike forum posting crap in the wrong area with the same old BS that you read in the Sun one day.
    As you were.

KidCragg
    Free Member

“How can this man justify 200k 300k+ a week?”

FTFY

mikey74
    Free Member

His reputation is based on one goal, Vs Everton. And, he was useless tonight. Time to drop.

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

He is shite needs to go , the people who say otherwise are man utd fans 😉

mrlebowski
    Free Member

So you drop him.

Who do you play instead?

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Lallanna. He would have brought balance to the left which was sorely missed and where Italy exposed us.

Apart from that, I thought we played well. We deserved a draw and I think our performance bodes well for Uruguay and Costa Rica, who both looked beatable.

If Rooney plays, he plays in the No.10 position. But I think Sterling showed much more menace in that position. Rooney had a poor game in my opinion, apart from the killer pass for the goal, and I think he should start on the bench next game. An impact sub to replace Sterling once he’s run his little legs off.

PrinceJohn

I would drop Wellbeck for Lallanna, play him on the left and Rooney through the centre, Sterling out on the right, and give the 3 of them permission to move where they wanted when we had the ball.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I wonder if the man-chimp Rooney could post in the correct forum though?

ninfan
    Free Member

Ah, the eternal game of selecting one player as a scapegoat for the whole team being shite

A game only bettered in the annals of English football history by that of selecting one player who didn’t play as the missing key element whose presence would transform the team from shite to world-beating

MSP

Wellbeck played better than Rooney, and worked much harder, I don’t see any justification for picking Rooney ahead of Wellbeck on last nights performances.

Rooney can play better than that, but he has to show it, I would give him the first half of the next game to prove he can perform, and if he doesn’t drop him for Lalana.

I thought the team did pretty well in general last night, the game could have gone either way, and they were perhaps a little unlucky to come away with nothing.

binners

Wayne Rooney – the new Fernando Torres. Actually…. He’s nowhere near that bad. Missing absolute sitters hasn’t become his trademark just yet 😀

Woy should leave him on the bench, then bring him on as an impact sub, to do what he used to do. Score a hat trick or get sent off!

bikemanspen
    Free Member

We as a TEAM are not good enough! Rooney is plenty good enough to play in that team of overrated players that are very average! At least Rooney has been somewhere near worldclass!

MoreCashThanDash

Lol @ binners “in Rooney’s defence he is not as bad as Torres”. I’m saving that for the match post mortem at work tomorrow.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

£300k a week! Wow I suppose if I did read the sun I would have known that.
    No excuse for posting on the wrong forum though (again).

Jamie
    Free Member

Wow I suppose if I did read the sun I would have known that.

…or The Guardian.

…or the BBC.

…or The Independent.

…or CNN.

…etc etc.

scaredypants

LHS was woeful generally – little by way of attack, despite the goal, and weak in defence.

Shaw and Lallana in place of Rooney & Baines for me. I might put Rooney on instead of Wellbeck.

(and I’d have a shout at the midfield generally, too)

enfht
    Free Member

Oops Jamie you’re not meant to post links to The “Guardian”.

Jamie
    Free Member

Oops Jamie you’re not meant to post links to The “Guardian”.

Fixed.

…or The Guardian.

MSP

On the other thread, there was all the mileages run by the players, Rooney was suprisingly high. Makes you wonder how many runs into space he was making that wasn’t getting picked up on by the midfielders. Sometimes the TV cameras following the ball, can distort a view of the game.

lee170
    Free Member

He needs to be played in his correct position, shoving him out on the left is a joke

Junkyard
    Free Member

Lallanna. He would have brought balance to the left which was sorely missed and where Italy exposed us.

Not his fault the manager chose to play him out of position

Its is amusing he ran the furthest of all england players and has the most goals for england [ of the current team] and top 4 of all time and still you are not happy.

Have you thought about supporting your team and players ,offering them encouragement and being a little bit realistic about them especially when played out of position?

scaredypants

how many runs into space he was making that wasn’t getting picked up on by the midfielders

trouble is, he was supposedly one of them and I suspect not many of those runs were covering ones

CaptJon
    Free Member

His record for ManU is pretty good with a goal every other game. The season just gone he started 49 games (ManU + England), scored 24 goals and had 19 assists.

But, he can’t play wide left because he’s played centrally all his career and doesn’t have the discipline/concentration to stay wide and track back. That isn’t really his fault as most players can’t change the way they play in such a short period of time.

For the next game i’d like to see Milner on the left as this would free up Baines to get further forward and provide cover. I’d play Wilshere for Henderson and Oxlade-Chamberlain (if fit) for Welbeck:

Hart

Johnson – Cahill – Jagielka – Baines

AOC – Gerrard – Wilshere – Milner

——— Sterling

——— Sturridge

Philby

Rooney wasn’t the only one who under-performed. Thought Gerrard went missing a bit last night and seemed to rely on punting the ball upfield in the hope Sterling, Welbeck or Sturridge could get on the end of it. Compare Gerrard with Pirlo who dominated and orchestrated everything that Italy did.

Thought the young ones that Hodgson put in really stood up to the challenge and the occasion – IMO they were let down by the experienced players.

Garry_Lager

Philby – Member

Rooney wasn’t the only one who under-performed. Thought Gerrard went missing a bit last night and seemed to rely on punting the ball upfield in the hope Sterling, Welbeck or Sturridge could get on the end of it. Compare Gerrard with Pirlo who dominated and orchestrated everything that Italy did. Not the fairest of comparisons Philby – Pirlo is one of the most technically accomplished centre mids in world football, most players fail to match him. Gerrard has had a ten year + career of mediocrity in an England shirt so what can we expect? It would be totally astonishing if Gerrard produced a comparable performance to Pirlo.

Thought England played well and are in good shape for the next two games, even with the same team they put out last night. Defo some tinkering needed if they are to beat a top side, but think uncle Roy will keep things stable for the next game. Some England players didn’t have great games but that’s always going to happen against a strong side – they will have more opportunity to shine against Uruguay.

euans2
    Free Member

I personally can’t understand why you would play Rooney on the left, England lost due to tactics and team selection not because of Rooney, hell, his world class pass got you your only goal! Play Rooney in the centre just behind the main striker and you see a different player, it’s been proved time and time again!

dannyh
    Free Member

He is not a bad player, but he is not a great one either.

For several years now his first touch has been tragically heavy and as a result he has no composure on the ball in the parts of the pitch that matter for a forward.

Unfortunately he is now so overrated that dropping him might precipitate an early retirement from internationals as he probably wouldn’t be able to stand the loss of ‘face’.

spud-face

his world class pass

Let’s not get carried away now.

He’s a decent player, but suffers from wanting to do everything. As such he’s covering the most ground because he’s charging around trying to get the ball – see taking it off Barkley towards the end last night. He’s been hyped and derided simultaneously for years (the Beeb’s running an article headlined ‘Crucial Rooney miss was the turning point’), when if he was allowed to just be a cog in the machine rather than our great white hope he may have been more effective.

botanybay
    Free Member

I thought Rooney was playing centre half, full back, centre forward and right and left wing, with a bit of central midfield thrown in. Admittedly he didn’t do very much as goalkeeper last night though.

If being a good footballer was based on workrate, we might as well replace the team with Lance Armstrong, as he’s covered a lot of miles in his time, hasn’t he?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

the way I see it, we won’t win the competition, so it doesn’t actually matter 😉 Which sounds a tad dismissive I admit but football is so well marketed these days that people just get sucked into believing in the whole thing. Luckily I don’t watch footy any more so I have a different outlook. I’m mildly interested in who might win the competition, not in those who won’t.

McHamish
    Free Member

This is what I don’t understand about English international football…a game is lost but instead of accepting it people start looking for a specific player to blame.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Only because they almost like this manager and he is not foreign 😉

Frankenstein
    Free Member

England got beat. They need to reflect and win other games to get through.

Sure we’re disappointed but stop blaming people like little kids.

England are not outstanding but they are not rubbish either.

Some players played badly. Some played great.

ptrockymountain
    Free Member

I suspect the majority of you lot that’s commented on Wayne Rooney , Gerard etc are English .
    Thought so ! Why the f–k can’t you get off their backs and let them get on with playing football.
    They had a good game last night against a very good Italian side, ok they were a few not so good
    Performances but every team including Brazil have those.

Euro
    Free Member

I thought England played pretty well considering the line up. Rooney is your best player (he really is) but he needs to play as in the centre and ordered to stay in the opponents half. Sterling can play on the left – Sturridge on the right. Replace Gerrard and let Henderson do what Gerrard used to be able to do. Have the Ox and Wilshire either side. Job done.

Edit: Irish Arsenal fan 😀

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Rooney not playing well compounded by playing out of position. What do we expect? Italy did a good pincer in Bains which made the whole LHS redundant. We were one dimensional last night. Play him (if you must) in the centre but not on the LHS. If we have to put one of them out wide, Sterling is a more obvious candidate.

We were most dangerous last night when we attacked quickly either thought sharp passing or just running at the oppo. We are not good enough or inventive enough when the game slows hence an over reliance on set pieces. So c’mon Woy. Be bold, go for fast aggressive youngsters and GFI. We are fsr from world class at the back so we NEED to score.

chewkw
    Free Member

OP,

They are all average at best but their agents are the ones who manage to push them for that kind of silly payment, because they know the club push for silly others money …

🙄

McHamish
    Free Member

It’s probably Beckham’s fault.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Wayne Rooney’ is closed to new replies.