Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Waterproof trousers.
  • donkeydave

Hi i have had a pair off altura attack x waterproof trousers for a few years now and have worn them daily over the last few winters but they have finally given up there waterproofing,i have tried to re seal them but the knees wont have it and to be fair i have nearly worn the ass out of them!!.
    So what do you use gotta be hard wearing, waterproof and as breathable as possible.

singletracksurfer

Army surplus gortex ones have been recommended on here before.

toemul
    Free Member

Yep as above £20 best thing I’ve bought all year.

amedias
    Free Member

After having properly tested my RAF surplus Goretex (£15) trousers last night in Devons finest wetness I can recommend them without question.

toemul
    Free Member

I’ve got the RAF ones as well even came in xlong for me long legs.

donkeydave

Where are you buying these from online or local stores?

amedias
    Free Member

I went into our local Army surplus place but they only had stupidly big sizes left so ended up ordering online

mrbelowski
    Free Member

there was a PSA a couple of months ago – some army surplus mail order place. It’s worth reading the thread as the seller feller appears to be a bit of a geezer, basically sending ‘whatever’ instead of the size that was ordered

Kunstler
    medoramas
    Free Member

How do these RAF ones look in sizes? I wear “Large” normally (Endura stuff), but I’m skinny and for example the Scott shorts that were on the forum few weeks ago are a bit too large…

Is “L” a large, or a medium on the Military ones? LOL

toofarwest

NATO issue goretex here too, no problem with them all last winter and I’m not expecting them to give up anytime soon. £25 from my local surplus place.

If you really want something more cycle specific CRC have 2013 Endura Tech Pants currently £47.99

doris5000

those RAF things look quite nice!

i got some Karrimor ones from sports direct the other week quite heavily discounted – from a claimed RRP of 60 quid down to about 22 i think. They’ve been fine on the rainy commutes so far…

ploeb
    Free Member

I ordered the gore tex trousers from British military surplus website, they sent the wrong size but once I complained they have quickly sent the right ones the next day, for free. No worries.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ignore.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof trousers.’ is closed to new replies.