Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Waterproof Mtb bibtights???
  • jonnyrockymountain

I have seen some santini h20 any one use these?
    Also any other recommendations ??

druidh
    Free Member

Endura Stealth

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I have some Sportful No-rains. They seem ok. Use waterproof shorts as well so they’re a bit redundant. Bibs are pretty much bone dry at the end of the ride. Even over the 3 rides I did in the rain in the last 5 days.

Once I wreck a pair of bibs I may try washing them with some Nik Wax and see how they hold up in the rain. Maybe worth a punt if you’re undecided? You can always use the Nik Wax to wash your raincoats.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Pearl izumi amfib?

bol

For value, Lusso max repel.

DanW
    Free Member

For value and quality I would recommend Lusso Max Repel. I got mine for under £40 with various voucher codes.

Endura Stealth are far too restrictive.

I like Sportful and Pearl Izumi in general but have no experience of these.

I recently treated myself to a Santini H2O waterproof long sleeve jersey but while it is good quality and waterproof it offers nothing over the Lusso Max Repel material for considerably higher cost.

I tried the Mavic waterproof offering too but found the hips very tight and restrictive… plus they were very pricey.

Lusso Max Repel without hesitation 😀

Hope this helps 🙂

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Lusso max repel.

bombproof! although 3 years down the line, the water repellency isn’t what it used to be

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

I’ve got Stealth Lights and H2Os. Stealth are a bit to warm and crinkly for me, but are very waterproof. The H20s are very comfy (except for the **** label in the back all my Santini shorts seem to have), but aren’t very waterproof, more resistant.

jonnyrockymountain

What’s sizing like on the lusso’s?
    I’m 5’8″ with 33″ waist do I go med or large

curiousyellow
    Free Member

@bikewhisperer tried reproofing them? I swear by this for all my gear that starts to age a bit.

Nobby

Used to have Stealths but they can get very hot & are quite thick.

Now use Pearl Izumi Amfibs & have been impressed so far, despite the panels at the back of the knees not being the Amfib material – helps greatly with comfort though.

DanW
    Free Member

Jonny, I’d be tempted to go for a medium but it isn’t usually too much hassle to send things back nowadays if it really isn’t right for you.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

So if I wanted tights for the foulest of winter high moor bog trotting, with added sheet rain, Stealths would seem to have it over amfibs?

D0NK

I would recommend Lusso Max Repel.

a long, long way from waterproof but not bad for general use (wore mine this morning) Stealth lites fit me reasonably well, properly waterproof when bought but cost a packet and started seeping water after 18months and not very many uses/washes, have re-proofed them with grangers, will see how they last now.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Ah yes. The Endura quality curse.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof Mtb bibtights???’ is closed to new replies.