Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Waterproof (ish) flat shoe???
  • shellac
    Free Member

Hello,

My five ten impacts are getting to the point of no return soon, and I was wondering if there was a flat shoe I could get that doesn’t act like a mop or at least has some waterproofing? Do they exist??? Saw something form teva the other day, I think they’re pretty new so couldn’t find much on em….

Ta in advance.

chakaping
    Free Member

Shimano AM41s are more water resistant than Five Tens but still leak pretty quickly if your foot gets submerged.

Not sure about the durability of the sole either, seems to be getting torn up pretty quickly.

That Teva shoe looks promising as does the new Sombrio boot in “fresh goods”.

warpcow
    Free Member

Teva Links certainly look interesting. You’d hope a company that makes watersport shoes can get it right. My AM41s are ok for light showers, but once they’re wet they take forever to dry.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

Aye, I’m really wanting to try the Teva, apparently less grippy than the AM41 etc but that’s OK, all the Five Tens and Shimanos are way grippier than they need to be anyway.

Someone from ST mentioned that Five Ten are working on a waterproof shoe. But apparently it’s a lower priority than the bloomin trailbuilders shoe, and in the meantime they’ll keep making them out of sponge and cardboard.

jedi

canvas nikes for me at the mo. they take a couple hours to dry out 🙂

motorman
    Free Member

five ten canyoneer 2 boots, bit special needs, but totally waterproof & have stealth soles. Not everyones cup of tea, but I rate them for when it gets really wet…..

saxabar
    Free Member

Motorman – how long have you had them? They look like the same soles as I have on my “approach” Camp 4 five tens. Great for bimbling and walking, but not as robust as biking five tens on pinned pedals.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I’ve had a pair of Teva Links for a few weeks now and I’m really impressed so far. Not had a chance to use them in properly horrid conditions but they coped well with a wet Hebdon Bridge last week.

They’re not waterproof as such but are treated to stop the materials soaking up water. Hence they don’t seem to absorb water at all and dry nice and quickly. They also clean up pretty well as much seems to struggle to stay stuck.

Grip is very good and the sole is nicely stiff.

I’m liking them

motorman
    Free Member

A couple of months, but done a lot of riding in that time, they seem to be holding up well on the sole & I run extra long pins on my flats. Have to see what shape they are in the spring though 😈

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof (ish) flat shoe???’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts