Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Water bottle with poo protection.
  • imp999
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a water bottle that has the abillity to keep the bit you put in your mouth clean?
    I use an Aldi camelback when out all day but for the most part I prefer a bottle on the bike.

shredder
    Free Member

Camelbak Podium with mud cap

Jamie
    Free Member

Camelbak do a ridiculously expensive, and not actually that good*, mud cap for their podium bottles.

HTH.

*Top cap was waaaaay to shallow, so you still got poo in your cakehole.

ratherbeintobago

And they’ve changed the design of their bottles this year; don’t know if a mud cap is available for the new ones.

njee20
    Free Member

Is it really an issue?

Jamie
    Free Member

Is it really an issue?

For the OP, evidently it is. Hence the thread.

njee20
    Free Member

A good point, well presented.

Jamie
    Free Member

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

God bless.

RobHilton
    Free Member

so you still got poo in your cakehole.

Is this worse than cake in your poohole?

Jamie
    Free Member

That depends on Sir’s peccadilloes.

lcj

Crud catcher?

Bunnyhopping skills course?

molgrips
    Free Member

Does your downtube not protect it?

u02sgb
    Free Member

I got a Bell one from Asda that had a plastic cap that went over the drinking spout. Local one doesn’t have them in stock any more though.

mokl
    Free Member

I am pondering these for the reasons you describe. Unsure how much muck the folding spout will keep away, but looks like a good bottle anyway so will probably give one a try if I can get hold of one.

http://www.avexsport.com/water-bottles/22-oz-pecos-autospout-insulated-water-bottle-540.html

mokl
    Free Member

Didn’t mean to post the insulated one – they do a standard version too – you’ll get the gist…

fin25
    Free Member

Got a very cheap zefal bottle from Evans in Nottingham with a cover on the mouthpiece, not on the website though…

endurogangster
    Free Member

Pro tip – stop riding through turd!

tehtehtehteh
    Free Member

I’ve got the mud cap for the camelbak podium, it does the job

I saw a vintage cage on ebay once that had a mechanism built into it to protect the nozzle of whatever bottle you put in

tonyd

I’ve got one of those Elite Corsa jobbies up there ^^^. 550ml version just fits into a bottle cage on my small ASR5 without interfering with the shock propedal switch.

I’ve been lucky enough not to catch any poo (that I know of) but it’s nice not to have to suck the mud and grit from the bottle before drinking from it.

imp999
    Free Member

Thanks, guys. Plenty to wade through up there^^^.

Our regular Thursday ride goes through a farm yard that has been up to the axles in a piss, shit, mud slurry.

If I am going to buy a bottle I might as well try to combat it.

I have no idea how it gets on the teet past the down tube but it does.

Thanks again!

eskay

A quick wipe on my jersey has done me well for the last 25+ years. Having said that if I rode areas with loads of dog shite I may rethink….

johnj2000
    Free Member

I have the same problem and just squirt into mouth rather than closing lips around the teat. Would much rather have lips on the teat though so may try one of the suggestions

Jamie
    Free Member

I have the same problem and just squirt into mouth rather than closing lips around the teat. Would much rather have lips on the teat though so may try one of the suggestions

Keep talking you filthy beast!

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Decathlon do cheap bottles with flip up spout covers.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Keep talking you filthy beast!

Don’t know what you mean jamie??? All I was saying was that sucking on a teat is preferable to squirting direct into the mouth unless of course its a really dirty thing you are dealing with and then squirting is probably the order of the day

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Water bottle with poo protection.’ is closed to new replies.