Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • watch question
  • juan
    Free Member

I am in need of a new watch and I am sure this si the place to ask.
    Before i just spend another 15€ on a Decathlon own brand watch I’d like to consider other options.
    I was thinking about the connected watch. Are they just propoer useless gadget or do they have some real interest for us MTBer?
    Looking for something that is not too big as I kinda wear my watch 24/7 even for biking and DIY
    Any help appreciated

Ta

turboferret

No idea on Decathlon watches, but I’ve had a couple of smart watches, my current Garmin Fenix 3 has smart notifications. Really like having my watch buzz on my wrist so I never miss a call, regardless of whether I can hear/feel my phone or if it’s in a difficult to reach pocket. Texts/messages I can read without getting my phone out, unless I want to reply. Control music too.

Would not want a ‘dumb’ watch again.

Cheers, Rich

juan
    Free Member

Decathlon own band 15e watch are juste a ‘watch’ cheep that gives me the time and date of the day with a stopwatch if need and light for the night.
    I fear that I may have to charge my smart watch way to often for my liking.

turboferret

Depends – my Garmin only needs to be charged every couple of weeks, and that’s with plenty of GPS activity too. My Pebble would need a charge about every week, an Apple watch would be daily and would piss me off I’m sure!

Cheers, Rich

hairylegs
    Free Member

Really like having my watch buzz on my wrist so I never miss a call

…erm … I go mountain biking to escape all that!!

Personally, cheap and cheerful Casio G-Shock works well for me

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘watch question’ is closed to new replies.