Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Washing without soap
  • cinnamon_girl

Thank you macc and wondering whether it can be used as pet food? Have you tasted it? I don’t drink the milk, just like using the soap. 🙂

senorj

Soap dodger…ha.
    If sanex zero doesn’t work it’s bad cat aids.

jamj1974

I’m usually almost 100% with you but today…

Sanex, e45 wash, dermol…exchange some monies for these products and see what works. Save your GP’s time for more serious issues please.

Is skin breaking down not serious…?

Even a quick google brings up a suggestion for Aveeno in the second hit (the first is an NHS site, so won’t use brand names)

Surely, you are not suggesting treatment by Dr Google…? 😉

Patient contacts

God! I hate that phrase!

Cougar

Is skin breaking down not serious…?

I remember a TV advert years ago, for some poncy face cream or other. Some Barely Legal Teen rubbing it into her mush, “my skin, it’s sinking in!” she exclaimed. My Aspie brain always wondered about the wisdom in marketing a face cream by promoting its flesh-destroying properties…

zanelad
    Free Member

I suffer a bit and use Simple soap and deodorants.

No troubles since I’ve been using them.

DrP

1- I would class skin breaking down as serious, yes. Dry skin, less so. Certainly something one could initially manage at home
    B- yes, I’m suggesting looking at resources for self care of simple ailments. Home remedies have always been vitally important.. Granny probably had a readers digest book of home care – simple self care of small burns, abrasions, and what not is actually what’s missing from a lot of society nowadays.
    7-patient contacts… It’s what they need to see if they don’t wear glasses, right?

I think my suggestions have been prompted, perhaps more vigorously, by
    A- a fairly eye-rolling Monday consultation…
    B- the fact my work in the CCG recently has basically been of the ilk “the NHS is nearly fubar’d, and we ALL have to work to save it”

This basically means secondary care have to be more effective and realistic, Primary care have to work hard on reducing referrals when in house management or other community teams may help, and….the big one….. Patients MUST (yes, dare it be said, MUST) lose the sense of entitlement that some people have (not all, and not anyone in this thread have made me think they believe) that they can have ANYTHING ‘health related’ at a time that suits them.

I only highlight the fact that simple ailments that can initially be managed at home (and I’d class dry skin / sunburn etc a simple ailment) SHOULD be managed at home in a rather ‘parental role’ because I can see ‘around the corner’ so to speak….

There..that’s my evening of public engagement over with 😉

I hope the skin’s better. I can sympathise. My hands are completely knackered – I use diprobase, oilatum, dermol, and when really bad a smidgen of potent steroids. Even then they crack and drive me mad. In fact, when they are really dry and crack I get properly stressed!!!
    I suppose that’s what you get for having to wash your hands every fifth or sixth patient contact…….

DrP

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I have chronic atopic eczema, and have had it for over 40 years. I try to avoid all soap/detergent type products. Most of the time I just wash with warm to hot water, and very occasionally with something mild, and only if my skin is in a condition that will take it.

I have used almost all of the stuff mentioned in this thread, and what works for one, may not be as effective for another. It will be a case of trial and error. I also find the efficacy of different moisturisers changes with time. Currently Aveeno is my moisturiser of choice.

Gotama
    Free Member

MisterP – Pine tar soap might be worth a try. My wife suffered from pupps rash whilst pregnant and she found it really helped. This stuff..

DrP – In an attempt to alleviate pointless docs appointments can you have a word with the private health care companies who insist on a docs referral for a physio. Always embarrassing to go in there with “Hi, I’ve hurt my knee falling off my bike but I’ve got private health cover so I’m only here for a referral”.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Do you eat dairy? Have you tried cutting it out? Swapping out normal milk for soy on cereal and in coffee sorted mild eczema out for me

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Washing without soap’ is closed to new replies.