Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Washing Gore tex jackets.
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Anyone got a solution to get mud and grit stains off gore tex? The back of my yellow one seems stained from road spray etc. Tried putting it in the wash a few times to no avail!
    Cheers ?

slowclimb
    Free Member

Try using Vanish spot stain remover but test it on a bit you cant see first like on the inside of the cuff.

steezysix
    Free Member

Mudguards. Also, what are you washing it in? Stuff like Tech Wash doesn’t really get out oily road stains, so use a proper detergent first, then Tech Wash to get rid of any residue, then reproofer. But seriously, mudguards.

matt_outandabout

Use pure soap flakes first, and soak it.

Then TechWash and re-proofer.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

As above, give it a propper wash with soap flakes first(or sports wash, or non-bio my jackets seme to survive either as long as they’re re-proofed afterwards), then tech wash, then re-proofer.

And mudguards

And buy less fluro/bright colours.

sandwicheater

+3 for soak flakes.

andybrad

soap flakes are just techwash.

if you have oil on it use fairy liquid then wash it in your chosen non softner containing wash.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I’ve just been throwing it in the washing machine with some washing powder. Think I’ll go for a darker colour next time though alright.

paulwebster
    Free Member

I wouldn’t put another gortex jacket in the wash with any cleaning products. Had 3 and used all the usual things. Once they’ve been though washing machines there on there way out of being waterproof. Used a damp sponge and live with the odd stain of as said buy a darker colour. I used an old hi vis spesh gillet over the top for work commutes. Other than that it’s all ninja stylie black.

gamerriley
    Free Member

Don’t forget to tumble dry after you wash the garment.

therevokid
    Free Member

tumble dry on VERY low … 🙂

oh and … MUDGURADS … 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Washing Gore tex jackets.’ is closed to new replies.