Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Was it really the Lake District! Some Pictures with lots of blue sky!
  • freeridenick
    Free Member

Just back from a few days in the Lakes – never seen blue sky like it before up there 8)

The rest are here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/71958789@N00/sets/72157625146971356/show/

A fantastic weekend.

CrispyCSW

Your pic’s always make me plan my next lakes trip, looks like just the kind of riding I like. Any chance of the route?

freeridenick
    Free Member

Crispy – I have put the routes in the comments section of the flickr set.

Ax3M4n
    Free Member

You should have seen it the weekend before – gale force gusts, horizontal biblical rain and low cloud base. I took my camera – what a waste of time.

Great Pictures… wish I’d gone a week later.

yetiguy
    Free Member

is that first pic as steep as it looks?

where is it?

Sanny
    Free Member

Nick

Outstanding pictures and choice of trails there fella. I’m off there this weekend. If you could, could you give me a little more detail of the routes taken? Feel free to mail me off the site if you can. My address is in my profile.

Cheeky trails are always the best I find!

I particularly like the ridge shot on shadow with the figures on the horizon. Stunning!

Cheers

Sanny

PS For a big day out, could your Blencathra route be linked into an Ullock Pike bash? How long did Blencathra take you?

diplomatt
    Free Member

Great pics.

Did you follow the Glenderamackin up or go via Bowscale Fell?

I was eyeing up the tops whilst bimbling along the Threlkeld-Keswick railway line with a tag-a-long.

Matt

Andituk
    Free Member

Fantastic pics, new wallpaper on the work PC for me I think 😀

freeridenick
    Free Member

Yetiguy – that little shute was pretty steep
    Sanny – will mail you,
    diplomatt – yes Glenermackin valley (lovely)

Ticklinjock

Farther north, but same about strange weather. Twas quite cloudy when we left the east, then cloudless skies in the west over Torridon.

nonk
    Free Member

a sunny day in the lakes during autum is one of the top ten reasons for bothering to be alive. 🙂

lowey

Stunning mate. You are very lucky.

How did you find the Warnscale Descent ? Scared the bejesus out of me when I did it, but it was years ago on a fully rigid 🙂

I;ve fancied at go at the scales path since I saw Gav’s video of them going down it on a KMB night ride. Looks awesome.

Sanny
    Free Member

Thanks Nick

Much appreciated. I usually head down to the Lakes for a week in December and I 😆 have to say I’ve been really lucky with the weather then – lots of blue sky days where you can see forever. The days are of course shorter so even shorther scoots can end up being dawn to dusk epics. I don’t think anywhere in the UK beats the Lakes when it comes to mountain biking.

Cheers

Sanny

jimmy

Saturday afternoon and Sunday were goddam stunning in the Lakes. If I could choose weather for every day of the year that would have been it.

jhw
    Free Member

Thanks – I found where I’m going to take my little sister for her first mountain bike ride (on her pink Carrera)

P1060337

grumm
    Free Member

Cracking pics, looks like you had an ace time. The Lakes is amazing right now.

I’d quite like more details of the Blencathra route if possible please – so I know which footpaths to avoid 😉

Email in profile, ta.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Was it really the Lake District! Some Pictures with lots of blue sky!’ is closed to new replies.