Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Wales Rally GB roll-call – who is off to the woods this weekend?
  • grtdkad
    Free Member

We’re off to our regular haunt of Epynt/Crychan on sunday.
    Who else is out and about to watch the championship be decided?

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Me! Going to the Great Orme on Thursday with some from work. Petter is going to win the rally, Loeb will retire and Mikko will win the championship…… Or as what is likely to happen, it will be Loeb to win rally and championship….yawn….

grtdkad
    Free Member

I agree Petter winning would be popular.
    Hirvonen taking the championship would be fantastic – and essential for his career/confidence. Loeb, genius that he is, does make an all too predictable year

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Yes would be good to see Petter winning again, and the WRC is getting tedious with the Seb Loeb show, as good as he is! Maybe next year someone else an have a chance!

grtdkad
    Free Member

Great Orme should be mental too!

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Get it back in Grizedale and Kielder, oh and while they are at it Group B and no stopid marshalling of carparks and rip off parking prices.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I lost interest a few years ago but may well pop along for a look, saw the VW Motorsport wagon on the M4 the other day so I assume it’s King Carlos testing the Polo WRC.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

speshspenner
    Free Member

This used to be a great rally until they moved it darn sarf to where the real paying rally fans are!, rip off car park charges, loads of naf merchandising and corporate tours. Bring it back to some real rally stages, Grizdale…Keilder etc and i will start spectating again.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Is it not returning nationwide next season? Or should that have been this season and it never happened?? Sure I read something somewhere!! I used to love the easy to get to stages such as chatsworth and on the Sunday, then off for some deep forest stuff for the rest of the week! Used to go most yrs as a kid, and teenager!

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Agreed with the last two posts. I used to book a week off work and follow it round with a few mates.

Obviously not in our car, we used to hire one for the week and drop it back off in a sorry state after a few of our own “special stages” deep in the forest’s.
    Late 80’s and early 90’s were fantastic, I can hear the 6R4’s now at 6 am on a still, freezing cold morning in the middle of Kielder getting closer and closer……… :mrgreen:

wrightyson
    Free Member

Went up to Scotland last year for a holiday on our last day there was a stage of the scottish championship near by. I just had to take the kids to see it, brought back so many memories of being out there with my mum and dad. Watched a few evo’s and scoobs (own one myself so secretly willing them on) but then they came! Three old school 6r4’s, kids looked at me and screamed over the noise what was that? I just replied, that’s how it used to be!!!!

grtdkad
    Free Member

You need to get out on the Roger Albert Clark Rally
    http://www.rogeralbertclarkrally.org/RAC_2011/2011_spectator_info.htm#Provisional%20Route%20Maps

Proper cars, old-school route, Hamsterley, Dalby etc, Kielder, Scottish borders. Not long to wait either – first weekend in December.

butterworth24
    Free Member

Might be going one of the Saturday stages. I wouldn’t write off Kris Meeke if everything goes his way, but the minis have yet to prove on gravel. Go Petter!

timber

Lurking around the Eppynt somewhere.
    Nice and close to here, admittedly not cheap, but don’t necessarily pay each time, so not bad on average.

grtdkad
    Free Member

Yeah and I’m taking two 15yr olds in for £1 each

grtdkad
    Free Member

…assuming that theres anybody left worth watching by Sunday?

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Anyone know if it is going to be broadcast on TV (or online)?

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Nokia do a very good application for WRC. probably not in ‘the’ app store though.

WRC live-Nokia

grtdkad
    Free Member

Motors TV

santacruzsi
    Free Member

S4C have it on live including the power stage (obviously been and gone now!) but it’s in Welsh!

Went to the Orme on Thursday, had a good day! Seems to have been a good rally!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Wales Rally GB roll-call – who is off to the woods this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.