Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Wahoo Elemnt Bolt – uploading route help
  • MoreCashThanDash

ARggghhh!

Trying to upload a route to my Bolt for the weekend.

The instructions are fine till it tells you to press the “Page”/bottom right button on the device to get to the “routes” screen

I press that button – nothing happens. Not a flicker. The button works in other modes to complete actions, just not this one.

Is it a long push, short push, several pushes? Y

This is worse than my wedding night!

Bez

Where’s the route coming from? Have you synced with any online accounts?

MoreCashThanDash

The route is originally from the club Strava page, and I’ve copied it to Ride with GPS as well. Both are linked to the app on my phone.

Bez

IIRC there’s a button in the phone app to (re)sync, have you tried that?

Have you managed to get routes onto the Bolt before or is this the first time?

MoreCashThanDash

It’s my first time…. 😳

I’ll hunt the resync button after I’ve done the kids tea.

MoreCashThanDash

So, if I go into “routes” in the phone app, there’s a sync via web option, if I click on that it gives me my linked accounts, click on ride with GPS and it just unlinks the account?

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Have you configured WiFi on the Bolt? if so you can go to the map page and tap Route(left button) and then Sync (Middle button)
    Or
    Make sure the Bolt is on and you can see it in the phone app. Go to settings and maker sure it’s showing connected. And it should just sync automatically.

Must admit I only got mine earlier this week to replace my dead Polar V650, it’s a bloody revelation compared to that supposed top of the range POS.

MoreCashThanDash

Riiiiight…….

I genuinely have no idea what I did or how I did it, but the Bolt has just bleeped to say it’s uploaded the route, and I can see the route in the phone app.

However, I now can’t figure out how to access the route on the Bolt to ride it. Pressing that bottom right page button does nothing.

I’m thought I was being thick but my teenager IT support is flummoxed as well.

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Oh And on the phone app when you go into the ride page it syncs automatically as soon as you go into the routes page (it’ll probably say ‘no route selected’) you don’t need to tap sync from web that’s just showing what sources you have configured to sync. If you’re quick you can probably see the text saying syncing from xxxxxx at the top of the screen.

munkster
    Free Member

However, I now can’t figure out how to access the route on the Bolt to ride it. Pressing that bottom right page button does nothing.

When on the “Route” page (should have a map on it) click ON “Route” (left button) and you should see a mainly-text page with “SYNCED X HRS AGO” at the top, scroll down on there to your desired route and press middle button “Select” and that should make it your current route.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

With all of the above in mind, it might be worth pointing out that when the Bolt thinks you’ve gone off route it will beep at you and the lights will flash red until you either get back on route or it decides that you’ve gone so far off route that you are doing it on purpose.!

Apologies if that’s pointing out the obvious but better that than you thinking something’s gone wrong and riding into the back of a cement mixer while you are trying to figure out what it was.!! 😯

flaps
    Free Member

Sussed it?
    I registered with Ride With GPS, linked it to the Bolt via the app and now one click of a button and anything saved on the RWGPS site appears quickly on the Bolt. Dead easy when you know what to do. I can do a step by step guide if you like?

jn49
    Free Member

^^^^ Yes please.

MoreCashThanDash

Step by step would be good.

The route apparently is there, but I can’t get to the route screen on the actual Bolt.

Start with “Turn on Bolt”…..

munkster
    Free Member

The route apparently is there, but I can’t get to the route screen on the actual Bolt.

Have you somehow disabled that page in the Elemnt phone app?

MoreCashThanDash

Have you somehow disabled that page in the Elemnt phone app?

Can you do that? And, er, how do you undo it?

munkster
    Free Member

Can you do that? And, er, how do you undo it?

In “Customize Pages” in “Settings”… It might be that your “MAP” option is switched off? You need your Bolt switched on to see “Settings” in the first place.

eg…

flaps
    Free Member

This is all I do. I’ve got my Bolt here now so this is what I click on.

Register with https://ridewithgps.com/ it’s free and great for this sort of thing. Plan and save a route on there (I use a selection of the map views when plotting one and make sure ‘bike paths’ is selected to help too). You could just search for existing routes instead if you wanted.

Download the Elemnt phone app and scan the qr code on your bolt to initially connect them. Make sure Bluetooth is on on your phone and when they are connected set the Bolt up on your wifi.

In the app select ‘settings’ and ‘automatic upload’ (under wifi). From here you can link your Bolt to many other websites or apps, mine is linked to Strava and RWGPS so after every ride the route and stats are automatically uploaded to those sites.

On the Bolt click the third button under ‘page’ until you get to the maps page. Here the first button lets you select ‘route’ click that and it shows you any existing routes and when you last ‘synced’ them to the Bolt. Click the middle button under ‘sync’ and it connects to wifi, syncs with Wahoo and any linked accounts (this copies the routes onto the Bolt). It will show ‘synced all’ when done and the routes should be listed. Use the buttons on the right hand side to scroll through the routes and click the middle button when on the one you want (it says ‘select’). The route is then loaded and the centre button gives you the ‘start’ option, click that and peddle away!

That should work. I think it’s great, I’m impressed.

flaps
    Free Member

I’ve just tried what munkster said and mine now does exactly the same as what you’ve reported in the first post. I also think you have turned ‘climbing’ off too. Activate them then it should work fine.

MoreCashThanDash

Thanks all, will try that in the morning.

MoreCashThanDash

Munkster – you were spot on, I’d disabled the map and climbing settings, I now have routes!

Thank you, tomorrows club ride will at least start on the right basis! I’m

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Wahoo Elemnt Bolt – uploading route help’ is closed to new replies.