Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Voodoo Warranty
  • Aidan
    Free Member

Anyone had a warranty claim for a Voodoo through Halfords?

I took mine in 10 days ago – they say it's with the supplier now and they don't know how long I'll have to wait for a response 🙁

I suppose there are no hard rules, but without my XC bike I'm going to be doing the Brass Monkeys enduro on a Pugsley.

bassspine
    Free Member

'…On a Pugsley'. Which would be cool if impractical.

oxym0r0n

Oh dear – is that your Ti frame???

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

How old is it and what is the issue?

Aidan
    Free Member

Yes, that's my D-Jab. I might be back to challenge you at Bikefests again next year on its replacement. Or the Pug.

It's 20 months old and it cracked around the seat-tube top-tube weld. A classic case for bad seatpost use, but I was using a carbon post within its marked minimum insert and the frame doesn't have an abnormally high seat-tube protrusion. And I'm not a fat biffer.

househusband

Best of luck in getting it sorted: Read top story

Aidan
    Free Member

Yeah, I'd read the Sideways story when it first broke and I Googled around. It doesn't bode well, but we'll see.

I should stick to riding pig-iron Surlys. They're nicely indestructible.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hmmmmm

At that age and with that damage it would seem "reasonable" to let the manufacturer inspect it to see if it is a manufacturing fault or not. It is not clearly a manufacturing fault

However they have to do this in "reasonable" time. You should not be left without the bike for months on end.

Chase 'em up and see what is happening. I would be wanting an answer within a couple of weeks.

What is the arrenty offered by the manufacturer as you do not have a clear claim under sale of goods act – although you might have

SidewaysTim

Ooh, that's clever – how do you make my site pop up at a certain article?

Aidan
    Free Member

Their website claims a 2 year warranty, but does not cover

a) Any damage caused by normal wear and tear, misuse, neglect, abuse, improper maintenance or assembly, modifications to original specification, shipping, accidents, or failure to follow instructions in the owner's manual.
    b) Any activities which include but are not limited to, use of a bicycle for commercial activities or in any competitive event, use of bicycle for stunt riding, ramp jumping, acrobatics.
    c) Any incidental or consequential damages.
    d) Labor charges for parts replacement, change-overs or incidental costs such as transportation to and from an authorized dealer for repair or replacement of any defective part, or shipping related charges due to a warranty.

Well, I've raced on it, jumped it, and used it for work. But don't tell them that. I'm hoping that they'll just be nice for the sake of their brand, but we'll see. Weekly phone calls to Halfords, then…

Aidan
    Free Member

Well, in case anyone was wondering (or later searching for the same answers as I was), I picked up my new frame from Halfords on Saturday. No charge, no questions asked.

And Brass Monkeys on the Pugsley wasn't fun.

So, a 3 week turnaround isn't so bad and I'm back on my lovely Voodoo 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Voodoo Warranty’ is closed to new replies.