Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Vodaphone
  • suburbanreuben
    Free Member

What a shower of sh…
    Been waiting for them to answer the phone now for over half an hour. All I need to do is activate roaming but for some reason I can’t do it using the texts suggested, so I’m sitting here listening to the same loops of crap R&B/dance music. Lovely and soothing it ain’t.
    I’m losing it…

stevied
    Free Member

I placed an order for an upgrade on Monday, next day delivery.
    Received an email with a link to track progress – checked Tues am, not yey dispatched.
    Went on their online chat think as was told, twice, by different people that it had been dispatched and would arrive Tuesday.
    Was then told later on Tuesday that it hadn’t been dispatched due to an ‘error’.
    So, blatantly lied to by 2 different members of staff…

Needless to say I shall not be upgrading and will be leaving them asap.

Bunch of cying lunts 👿

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Still waiting…

jonnym92

They are genuinely awful. I spent 4 months chasing them to change a number. Both sims were on Vodafone I wanted one number changing to another. Will not be renewing my contract.

stevied
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqiH0ZSkM9I[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL_EXAyGCkw[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPJSsAr2iu0[/video]

Now you can watch the video whilst listening to the music…. 😈

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

One whole hour!
    Bugger this, I’ve got a train to catch.

tweeky
    Free Member

Here here. I got a cold call from Vodafone yesterday. Left them a few months ago for another network after lots of hassle. When the guy asked me why I’d left, I told the truth. No reception at home and no mobile internet. He checked their coverage map, found I was telling the truth and was genuinely lost for words, other than apologising. The call ended very quickly.

tweeky
    Free Member

……….and by leaving Vodafone cut my household mobile bill by 75%. Good times.

stumpy01

Gah! I left Vodafone after they let someone else access my account (apparently, saying “I’ve forgotten my PIN”, is enough to bypass their security) who then changed my address, upgraded my phone on a mega-expensive contract & had the new phone sent to the new address.

Only thing I knew about it was when they called to see how I was getting on with my new tariff. After 10 mins of “I haven’t changed my tariff” – “yes you have” – “no, I haven’t” – “yes, you have”….. the woman decided something might be a bit fishy so I was handed to the fraud team who pretty much accused me of trying to rip them off.

Eventually got it sorted, apart from the fact that they wouldn’t re-instate my previous tariff as it was no longer available (they’d been trying to get me off it for ages).
    Told them I was leaving unless they re-instated my tariff but kept getting offered money off the new tariff I was forced onto & a bargain basement entry level phone as an ‘upgrade’.

The day my contract was due to finish I had a phone call from someone who wanted to sort out a deal to stop me from leaving so I unleashed the whole sorry tale to him, told him that all I wanted was my old tariff re-instating – which mysteriously was now possible, said to him I was now at the point where I’d rather stick wasps up my arse than stay with Vodafone and we left it there…..

I’d rather use a cup on a piece of string than go back to Vodafone.

sam_underhill

I phoned to sort out a couple of things which were sorted to my satisfaction. I queried the amount of data usage on my online account as there was no explanation as to what period of time the number related to (I have since deduced that it “might” be total usage in the 3 months unlimited you get when agreeing to a new tariff).
    The customer service muppet told me that my phone was using data all the time and I should turn off mobile data. If I didn’t, I’d be making vodafone rich. He suggested I turn mobile data on each time I need to use “the internet”! He ended up getting angry that I thought his idea was stupid.

If it wasn’t for the fact that I don’t get a suitable signal from other providers where I live, I’d switch in a heartbeat. Their customer service is rubbish as soon as you are off their script. I’m not sure if any other company is better though?

bails

They are genuinely awful. I spent 4 months chasing them to change a number. Both sims were on Vodafone I wanted one number changing to another.

Funny you should say that. A colleague is going through the same thing. WEnt from Vodafone PAYG to a Vodafone contract in September. Still waiting for the number to move across.

“It’ll be done in the next 24 hours”

48 hours later…
    “Oh, no it’ll take 72 hours”

72 hours later…
    “Oh no, it wasn’t done the first time, it’ll take 72 hours from now”

3 months later…
    “I’ve put it on as a priority, it should be on your new sim in 20 minutes”

an hour later…
    “It’ll be done in 2 hours”

the next day…
    “oh no, they don’t get done at weekends, it’ll be done within 72 hours of monday morning”

on friday, on the phone to the ‘porting’ team…
    “You should phone customer services and find out why it’s taking so long” 😆

GavinB

I had a series of issues with them, mostly relating to them not admitting that they had a long-running network issue in our area. This was pretty critical to me as I was working from home at the time, and was missing lots of calls, and almost always was unable to call Mrs B when she was around the house, as the calls were dropped on connection (no soft hand-off to voicemail, just dropped). Went on for months, eventually someone admitted it was a network issue which they were in the process of fixing. Did I want updates? Yes please! Did I get any? Of course not.

The deal-breaker for me was when they did a SIM-swap, in order to see if it really was my phone or SIM which was causing the issue. Somehow, they managed to switch my number with someone else. The first I knew of it was when I started receiving their texts. A quick check of my number on the phone revealed that I’d lost my number. Called Customer Care, and spent 6 hours trying to get someone to understand what was going on, and give me my old number back. Utter bunch of **** nuts.

Mobile data coverage anywhere around the north of Scotland on Vodafone is appalling. EE coverage, by comparison, is pretty comprehensive and at £16 per month, compared to £36 per month for VF = easy choice for me.

scaredypants

All ^ that !

I briefly had the misfortune of signing one of my kids up to talkmobile – for those who don’t know, that’s like vodafone but with less by way of customer service !! 😯

Voda was until very recently the ONLY network I could access at home but I still left as soon as I could (… actually get through to them)

muddodger
    Free Member

Well I disagree (not really)
    After recently leaving Vodafone they’ve left me with a phone that’s still connected to their network.
    Incoming calls come to my new EE contract and can ring from new phone as normal, just have this thing waiting to be abused!
    I even told them but I was it couldn’t happen…

So yeah, I agree a total shower and I couldn’t wait to leave them

benjamins11
    Free Member

Their network is truly dreadful.

mark d
    Free Member

Bought myself out of contract as from over 30 calls and umpteen blatant lies and being fobbed off I just couldn’t take anymore.
    Never want to have to deal with them again, utter disgrace.

flatfish
    Free Member

Last year my bill showed up a couple of foreign phone numbers so I googled them. One was a gun club in Germany.
    Phoned them up to explain that they didn’t belong to me so they said it must’ve been me. It took me nearly an hour to explain that I didn’t speak a word of German and I’ve never shot a real gun in my life so why would I start making calls the this club?
    Then they suggested that somebody who could speak German was using my phone. I pointed out that the wife’s best mate was German, AHHAAA they said triumphantly until I pointed out that she lives 140 miles away and I can’t stand her so why would she have my phone.
    Maybe it dialled in your pocket? Through a numbered key lock?, Blimey my pocket is clever.
    Eventually they agreed to refund me the money for the calls.

I left them last week.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Vodaphone’ is closed to new replies.