Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • video…sunny day, sketchy riding
  • slowrider
    Free Member

told my old man that i was going to have a bash at riding parkin clough on friday. he had walked up it earlier in the week and reckoned it couldnt be done but offered to bring his cameras if i wore my kneepads.

we arent going to rival the collective wih our film making or riding ability, its a bit cut and shut. i must have ridden each section half a dozen times cos my dad couldnt press record properly. ill get my excuses in now and say that most tricky bits i rode smoother than are in this vid, but they were just practice runs for my dad to get his eye in (in other words, he cant work a camera). its also waaaayyyyy steeper than it looks, ar$e on rear tyre a lot of the way down!

enjoy, slate, laugh etc…sorry no crashes were caught on film. with a bit of luck it will make you want to go and ride something sketchy too.

shonky video

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Looks like fun. What's the choon and why do I know it?

neilforrow

tune is witness the fitness – roots manuva

looks like a cracking trail… I think i found it… but have you got a GR for it?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

hell that looks good fun techy stuff good effort

slowrider
    Free Member

sorry no idea of GR, its in the peak and its cheeky

_tom_
    Free Member

Riding doesn't look bad at all to me. I'd be going down much slower/dabbing all the time!

singletrackmind

Good work, some nasty rooty drops and lumps of rock to catch you out. Judging by my performance today I probably couldnt / wouldnt ride it
    Also some rather large trees for 'Target fixation' to draw your eye , and body toward the impending crash.

scraprider
    Free Member

hats off , nice one.

slowrider
    Free Member

i had a few dabs, one with my whole body too.

bintangman
    Free Member

thats a great little vid slowrider
    it makes mine seem like slow mo!

geetee1972
    Free Member

fweck that looks awesome. Where exactly is it?

ampthill

WE've had videos posted on here where I'm thinking. I'm sure it was steeper if you were there.

That looked hard and scary well done

slowrider
    Free Member

bintangman, i like that camera position, how'd you do that?

geetee, parkin clough

ampthill, the steepness is the main challenge. nothing too massive, just silly steep in places.

wee-al
    Free Member

Nice work man.

Props on the witness remix as well!

slowrider
    Free Member

i took one of those cheapo ebay muvi copies with me too. i had the angle all wrong though so all i filmed was my feet. maybe next time…

doug_basqueMTB.com

I enjoyed that, cheers. Riding looks spot on too!

bintangman
    Free Member

hey slowrider,
    its using a go pro HD, with the chest mount – I use it for surfing mainly so its get lots of use for the money!
    The best angles are pointing it backwards at the rider behind I think.

slowrider
    Free Member

bintangman; ahhh, upmarket gear eh? these little muvi copies are really hard to stabilise

cheers doug!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I SOOO need to go ride that.

slowrider
    Free Member

just got an email pointing out that bigfoot puts in an appearance around 36 seconds in…

Rockdodger
    Free Member

Where abouts is this.Thanks

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

That looks lovely. Can't say I'd ride it any better.

slowrider
    Free Member

its parkin clough in the peak

went out filming bluebell-lined singtletrack earlier, ill edit it together sometime this weekend…

alpin
    Free Member

@ bintangman

is the chest mount easy to knock up yourself for a normal pocket sized digi cam?

slowrider
    Free Member

alpin,

i did one today for my digi cam using velcro and some zip ties and the results werent bad. i think i move about waaaaay too much for a POV cam though

alpin
    Free Member

slowride,

you got any pics? still scratching my head as to how you go about knocking something together.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘video…sunny day, sketchy riding’ is closed to new replies.