• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ton.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Very annoying creak on a bike.
  • ton

does not do it when freewheeling, does not do it when ridding out of the saddle, and it starts after about five minutes of riding.

any idea’s, bb bearings? cassette carrier bearings?

it is doing my nut in.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

seat mountings?

lazybike
    Free Member

If you’re clipless it could be the cleats..

ton

tried them 1st. deffo from down below area.

ton

not clipless

retro83
    Free Member

saddle, seatpost, seatclamp

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

rear mech hanger, put some grease between it and the frame

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I had a creak which I couldn`t pin down.Checked the drivetrain,cranks,pedals,everything.Turned out it was the saddle rails.I have a Fizik Gobi with ti rails and it seems ti rails are particularly prone to creaking.Some copperslip makes it go away for a while but mostly I just live with it.

anc
    Free Member

Rear skewer maybe, either crap lightweight one’s or the type with plastic cams tend to cause a creak against the dropout when peddling as they can’t be made tight enough. Shimano skewers have the best clamping force if this is the issue.

Jamie
    Free Member

Post/Saddle. Get some grease in there.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Could be the chain. I had a SRAM chain that no end of lubing would keep quiet. The problem was only solved when the damn thing snapped on me 🙂

Replaced with the same model of chain and everything has been silky smooth and quiet ever since. Now the only annoying noise is my gasping for breath on the steep bits.

spanishbarry
    Free Member

Second the rear skewer took me years to suss itour on my Orange , then replaced the factory fit crap one with a shimano xtr problem solved

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Seat post clamp, always the seat post clamp IME.

Tighten it a little, if that doesn’t work take it off and grease it then tighten it right up.

redfordrider
    Free Member

OP – What saddle do you have?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

BB/crank interface?

ton

spoon saddle.

thanks for the ideas everyone. i will try em all.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Very annoying creak on a bike.’ is closed to new replies.