Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Van insurance – where from?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

I need insurance for a new van (hopefully) tomorrow. Where is best to go – cheapest/best cover etc? VW transporter T4 🙂

project
    Free Member

Direct line so far for me.

spooky_b329

Is it a camper or normal van?

steveh

National farmers union direct for me. Your van will be on a car policy for private use and they’ll mirror any NCD if you’re already using it.

CIS (cooperative insurance) are used by a friend of mine and supposed to be good too.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

its just a van atm

dropoff

Commercial Vehicle Direct

waynekerr
    Free Member

I’ve been with Commercial Vehicle direct, for a year & a bit now, an accident last year saw the premium more than double, but I was too lazy to shop about. I’m not really impressed by them.

dropoff

Funny I’ve found them to be ok so far, I’ve told them that their quotes have been too high for the last 4 years and they’ve practically matched my ficticious quotes. Protected no claims also helps 🙂

lister

CIS were the only people I tried that could cope with the idea that a ‘commercial’ vehicle could be used for ‘non-commercial’ uses and having seats in the back…

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

Gladiator, don’t bother with the rest.

gtkid
    Free Member

Commercial Vehicle Direct – now in my fourth year with them, each renewal has been less than the previous years premium, they carried car ncd over and I’ve got £2k of cover for bikes in the van.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

all the comparison sites have a van section now, so do autotrader

trickydisco
    Free Member

If you’re going to modify it then i’d say adrian flux or Herts insurance (most of the ppl on the t4 forum recommend them)

i’ve recently bought a t4 and seen your posts about van on here. So what are you potentially getting?

spooky_b329

Seeing your other thread, take a quick look at sbmcc.co.uk, they have some discounts arranged with van insurers, they give you campervan insurance and a three month window to convert your van to a camper (windows, table, seating, 6′ bed, small wardrobe, cooking facilities) They’ll want to see a permanent non removable conversion, though they won’t care how shoddy it is, just as long as you can’t fold it out the way and revert to using it as a builders van during the week 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Van insurance – where from?’ is closed to new replies.