Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Van hire for the under 25's
  • cheney
    Free Member

Anyone know any hire companies that aren’t massively expensive for 23 year olds? Wanting to do Mayhem again but won’t have use of a motorhome this year so debating whether a van for kit + sleeping in is viable.

For the larger transit type vans most companies I looked at you have to be over 25 or have a big excess. If anyone’s had a similar situation any info would be appreciated ta.

njee20
    Free Member

Really? Just take a tent. It’s June. Even the wet ones haven’t been cold, and a knackered hire van won’t be exactly luxurious!

spooky_b329

Sleeping in a panel van or a tent – tent wins!

mick_r

Take the big excess rental and then buy stand-alone excess / tyre / underbody insurance elsewhere?

cheney
    Free Member

Ok fair points. Few things really, would be solo soloing so no support, would like the ability to just chuck the bike in the back if needed. Also my current car would be a bit of a squeeze with everything anyway so was leaning towards a bigger vehicle. Also regarding tenting, surely a mattress in a van would be better that canvas?

scotroutes

A tent will be warmer and drier than an unlined van.

joshvegas
    Free Member

sleeping in a van is miserable. It’ll be raining inside regardless of the weather outside

thomthumb
    Free Member

local place here – runs out of a petrol station garage. don’t mind under 25’s. always get given the crappest van they have though…

best avoiding the big chains; often a case of computer says no.

winchester based.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I always prefer to sleep in a van. When I was under 25 local hire companies were much more accommodating and would work out cheaper than the big companies most of the time.

joshvegas
    Free Member

To be fair in june i would probably just sleep outside.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Van hire for the under 25's’ is closed to new replies.