• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by mdb.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Valuation for Insurance?
  • V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I need to get a valuation of my bike for the insurance, how does this work? Is the LBS likely to charge for this?
    The bike is a Santa Cruz Superlight I have built up from secondhand parts, do i need a quote for building the same bike from all new parts, or an estimate of it's current value?

bruneep

Just price it up on CRC and add on quote plus labour. That's what I did and they were happy enough with that.

Supply pics to support your bits on bike.

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I'm not sure if that will work, I don't have receipts for most of the bits.

bruneep

neither did I

PeteG55
    Free Member

My LBS did it for me. I supplied a complete list of components and they done the valuation. My insurance company have said only with either reciepts or valuation by a shop will do. Plus photos showing the bike in that build.

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

any ideas what to do about things which aren't available? such as:
    standard specialized stem
    specialized enduro tyres
    shimano hollowtech crankset
    etc?

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

A bump for the mid-week crowd and also, has anyone done this in Edinburgh? Any of the shops here willing to do this?

I was also looking at the other bikes and thinking I might as well do them too, but how do I/LBS put a value on this:

I think the frame is the only remaining piece of the original bike, but it isn't available on it's own.

mdb
    Free Member

Dont forget to stipulate to your insurer that you want the bike replaced by your LBS otherwise your insurer may use a mailorder firm which means your LBS loses out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Valuation for Insurance?’ is closed to new replies.