Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • VacuumTrackWorld – which hoover?
  • ransos
    Free Member

I’ve got through three Dyson hoses in the last 3 years – customer services very unhelpful. Miele next time.

spacemonkey

I think the Miele S2111 is winning right now. Enough good reviews = don’t think we need to spend double on the Sebo or whatever.

Cheers all

andyfla
    Free Member

From a pure cleaning point of view we have a Dyson and a Henry at the climbing wall (the climbing station in Loughborough :D) which is full of chalk dust, the Dyson is better at sucking than the Henry but it goes through filters like it is going out of fashion, so overall the Henry.
    Having said that, have you thought of an iRobot one ? We have a roomba at home, going on 2 year now and it is superb, not the thing if you are anal about cleaning as it misses corner and other odd patches but as a general cleaning thingy it is superb. Put it on as you go out the door and you have a clean room or 2 when you get home, can’t recommend enough

ahwiles
    Free Member

vorwerk.

everything else is badly made crap.

can’t afford* a vorwerk? get a henry.

(*if you have to ask…)

joemarshall
    Free Member

We have a Miele (something very similar to the S2111 linked above).

It is okay. It is better than our ancient dyson was, but that was pretty worn out.

It doesn’t have a beater brush, if you like those.

It sucks very very powerfully, which is good, but it does feel very brute force – to pick up dirt reliably, you have to whack it on maximum suck, in which case it threatens to pull up carpets. Not sure what it is, it kind of feels like the floor head bit isn’t very well designed. It is nice and quiet, much quieter than the dyson ever was.

The small miele ones like that go through dustbags like they are going out of fashion too (maybe 1 every 4 times we clean the house) and even ebay imitation ones are something like 50p a bag. That’s part of why they recommend them as a ‘second cleaner’. Is okay if you’re scuzzers like us and clean once a week, but if you get a lot of use out of your hoover, expect to have to buy loads of bags.

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

anyone admit to having one of these?

Its a Kirby Sentria something or other, sat through a painfully long demo the other night, pretty impressive vacuum cleaner, but eye waveringly expensive. (Like the price of a decent small car)

m1kea
    Free Member

I’ve just got a Dust Deputy to put on top of my shed Festool Mini. Probably overkill for the house though…

ISBW

I read about those Kirbys a couple of months ago. Sounds like a “nice” system to get (sucked) in to (sarcasm and pun intended)

hora
    Free Member

Anything cheap? I think we only have two carpeted-rooms inthe whole house.

spacemonkey

LOL at the Kirby mention. Friends of mine paid £1200 for one about 15 yrs ago after the salesman stayed til virtually midnight. Apparently it was capable of “blowing” paint and creosote etc, so you could do your fence/shed/whatever 😯

Idiots.

gohan
    Free Member

HENRY! Ive been working in retail for 13 years and every shop has had a Henry, Reliable tough little sods and even if they do go wrong they are simple to fix! Just bought a recon off ebay for £50.00 for home after the Dyson broke, Makes a better job of cat hair than the Dyson ever did…

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘VacuumTrackWorld – which hoover?’ is closed to new replies.