Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • v brake post studs
  • thomasraelburke
    Free Member

i have a commencal absolut crmo frame and i want to run v brake in the rear. it has 3 bolts on both sides of the upper chainstay presumably to fit a brake post to. im having trouble finding a brake post to fit in the hole though. the only brake posts i can find are for sus forks and the thread is to big to fit in hol in the frame.

is it usually a smaller thread for rear brake post studs or have i got a **** of a frame?
    does anyone know where i can get one?

thanks in advance

thomasraelburke
    Free Member

ha it stars out the word ****…. clever

Seamus
    Free Member

Forks and frames can be different sizes. Usually forks are M8 and frames M10

thomasraelburke
    Free Member

ah so does the m10 fit in a smaller hole. it sounds like thats what i need. my lbs isnt so local so dont really want a wasted journey but are they a common thing? cheers seamus

Seamus
    Free Member

No, it should be the other way round M10 is bigger than M8. Difficult to be more specific without seeing the problem. Are you sure the holes are for the pivots?

thomasraelburke
    Free Member

i cant think what else they could be. the frame is advertised as detachable v brake posts to so im 99.9% sure. the bolt that fits in the hole has about a 4mm diameter thread… if that helps. im gonna try contacting commencal about it also and see if they can tell me exactly what i need.

julianwilson
    Free Member

beware there are 2 different ‘pitches’ of thread too: the v brake studs on my maxmax have a different pitch to the ones on my maxlight. (maxmax ones have fewer, wider threads)

thomasraelburke
    Free Member

ha would do they dont like making shit simple!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘v brake post studs’ is closed to new replies.