Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Using a Hozelock style sprayer to wash bikes?
  • Olly
    Free Member

Not what you think it is! the question mark was to throw you off the scent

I, and other, have often wondered whether a weedsprayer, would be ok for washing the majority of mud off a wet bike.

It will obviously not be able to chip the concrete dried onto a bike, but im thinking more along the lines of have it in the car, and spray the bikes before anything else at the end of the ride, along with the assistance of a brush, to get the bulk of the crap off before putting the bike back in a 1st floor flat living room!

Anyway, Co-wonderers, wonder for a mere week or so more.

I have bitten the bullet, bought a genuine Hozelock (rather than second rate homebase own brand) 3L sprayer and will let you know how i get on.
    if worst comes to worst, it can be used for overkill mucoff application, and somewhere to store my bike related stickers.

suggestions of things i can/should spray in the office until home time welcome.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The secretary if she’s wearing a white blouse! 😉

wwaswas

give your keyboard a good ‘puff’ to clear the crumb debris of years.

thepurist

Wee in it, then spray managers/co-workers shoes?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tehy work very well – I have used one many times

Wet the bike – run a brush over it to loosen the mud, rinse off.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I’ve used on of those to clean a Bugatti Veyron on a photoshoot in North Yorkshire. Work really well as long as you can get enough water

cynic-al
    Free Member

They work pretty well but the pressure isn’t enough to blast dirt off – you need a brush.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Wet the bike – run a brush over it to loosen the mud, rinse off.

As you would do with, say, a bucket of water perhaps…?

😉

matthew_h
    Free Member

Buckets of water aren’t famous for keeping the inside of your car dry when driving though

speaker2animals

Brill for taking in the car and the post ride hose off. Take a stiff bristle brush too if you want to get really carried away. Very unlikely to damage any bearings too.

I even use one when I do a proper clean up in the yard. I’ve also got a small garden spray that I use mix of detergent/water in. Spray bike down with this to wet dry dirt, Muc off or similar on gears/chain and badly dirtied parts. Brush and water on the heavy soiling then rinse with clean water from the big sprayer. Job mostly done.

Alex

I’ve got a Mobi 🙂 Sure it’s more expensive but they are fantastic. Muc-off on, fire up Mobi, spray, watch all mud fall off, return to shed. At no time is a brush involved.

Still it’s not that muddy around here. If I still lived in the Chilterns, I’d have a fire engine on standby 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Using a Hozelock style sprayer to wash bikes?’ is closed to new replies.