Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Useless Traffic Wardens
  • RustyMac

Just had an absolute howler of a parking ticket.

Parked my car, bought a ticket and stuck it on my windscreen as directed on the ticked, went back to my car at lunch to go home and have found a parking fine on my car! Needles to say I am a little hacked off by. After reading the parking fine it would appear it has been given to me because the parking warden could not see my ticket in the window of the car.

I am wondering if you can see if from the following picture?

druidh
    Free Member

Aye – but for all we know, you’ve since stick that back on 🙂

Won’t the TW have a photo of your windscreen too?

z1ppy

be interesting to see what they say, as most TW’s seem to take pictures nowadays as proof of no ticket (around here anyways).. ask for there copy

ski
    Free Member

sorry, you have to laugh 😉

RustyMac

It is funny now i have had time to think about it but at the time it was a real oh FFS moment.

I am hoping they do have a pic, it would be nice to get their copy to see what the hell the guy was thinking especially as i now have the ball ache of protesting the fine.

ski
    Free Member

Boss had his wheel clamped in a private work car park by clampers, because someone had stuch a flyer under his wiperblade covering his parking permit!

Funny how everyone in the office found it funny apart from the boss 😉

takisawa2

I had a ticket in Bham, after it blew off the dash when I closed the door. (Didn’t realise this obviously). But seeing as it had been snowing I told them the snow had covered the ticket. So they sent some lovely A4 colour prints of my perfectly clear windows. 🙂

spacemonkey

Check the ticket for details of who to contact re making an appeal. I did the same a few weeks ago after receiving a fine because my ticket wasn’t displayed correctly. Turns out the wind had blown it over on the dash (windows slightly down due to dog in the back + very windy day + parked at the front of the multi-storey).

Emailed my appeal along with pic of the ticket, received a response within 24 hr saying they were waiving the fine but let this be a lesson, i.e. make sure the ticket remains in proper view.

Sorted.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Useless Traffic Wardens’ is closed to new replies.