Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Urge Endur-O-Matic – opinions please!
  • Mooly
    Free Member

Hi there. I`m looking to get a new helmet and really like the Urge Endur-O-Matic.
    Is it really as good as it looks. I would appreciate feedback if anyone has one.
    If not there is no knowledge please give Alternative suggestions for around £70 please.

Dain_Bramaged
    Free Member

Great helmet.
    I love mine. A few rides in and its the most comfortable helmet I’ve owned. Snug – without being tight. Light – without being flimsy.
    As for the “its a hot helmet” stories…when you’re riding, the ‘venturi tunnel’ cooling channel thing they go on about – works really well. However, once you stop it does keep you hotter than a conventional lid.
    The only word of caution I would add is, try one first. Absolutely no adjustment in the helmet (other than the chin straps). No ratchets or adjustable inner. Its a shell with padding.
    And it looks very cool.

GW
    Free Member

Is it really as good ugly as it looks

😉

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve got one. It’s alright. Feels a bit hot at first compared to normal XC lid but soon get used to it.

Reasonably comfy and you get two different thickness pads to adjust a little bit.

Definitely try before you buy though, the shape is a little bit weird.

Rickos
    Free Member

I’ve had one for over a year (bought from France before they were available in the UK) and it’s the best helmet I’ve had. Fits me really well and isn’t hot even though you’d expect it to be. Uber comfy and I like the look.

chakaping
    Free Member

Oh, and if you buy one – make sure you prepare some withering replies for when you mates say you look like a jockey and/or a mod.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Just had a guy out with one. I thought it looked cool, but I have dodgy taste anyway. It was apparently quite warm, but it has been 25-30degC here. The sweat pad that hangs down on the forehead looked a bit naff but apparently did the job. Sizing is quite small though, his was apparently the biggest they do and it didn’t fit me at all – I do look like a brussel sprout on a matchstick though 🙂

Rickos
    Free Member

Oh, and if you buy one – make sure you prepare some withering replies for when you mates say you look like a jockey and/or a mod.

Or a member of CHiPs!

Mooly
    Free Member

Im sorry but who didnt want to be in Chips?
    If only i could find some biking boots with SPD`s on the bottom.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Urge Endur-O-Matic – opinions please!’ is closed to new replies.