Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Upgrade RP23 to Kashima?
  • variflex
    Free Member

My 4 month old 2011 RP23 has started squishing and squashing so is going back under warranty (cavitation?). Is it worth spending 170 quid to upgrade it to the new kashima? whilst it is in being fixed?

Would be interested if anyone else has upgraded and reckon its worth the price.

Rgds
    JC

nuke

Its it going back under warranty they might do it cheaper as the £176 includes a full service which is £101. I’d get in contact with mojo and see if they’ll do the upgrade for the cost of parts.

sam2391
    Free Member

I didnt upgrade but have the kashima shock and there does seem to be alot less stiction compared to older ones, would probably only upgrade if they did it at parts cost however.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m sure you can get it Kashima’d for £50?

Could be wrong, usually am.

Northwind

I just replaced an old RP23 with a Kashima’d one. The difference isn’t massive tbh, but it’s there- just that little bit more responsive and, well, smoother is the best way I can describe it.

I would not pay £170 for the difference though. Maybe once I’m more used to it I’ll change that opinion.

variflex
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately even though unit is going back under warranty for cavitation, upgrade is still £170 so won’t bother this time round and will keep the money and put towards another bike build as its almost half the cost of a hard tail frame.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Upgrade RP23 to Kashima?’ is closed to new replies.