• This topic has 83 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Houns.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • Updates and Thankyou from the Gnusmases
  • gnusmas

What a roller-coaster of a journey this has been, and still will be.

I was going to post on the original thread

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cheap-front-light-to-help-me-be-less-depressed

but thought I would do a long overdue, dedicated update and thankyou thread instead to save scrolling through all the pages. It might go on a bit, please bear with me.

We would like to thank all of you that have supported us through all this, we wish we could personally thank you all. To all that have donated too, we cannot thank you enough. This was not what the original thread was about, but it is absolutely staggering what has been achieved and will make a massive difference to us and our kids lives.

A huge thankyou to all that have sent emails and messages of emotional support, it is helping and means a lot. I have learnt a lot from you all and a lot about you. To all that are suffering in your own ways, all the best to you and hope you/your situations improve and you can all have brighter futures.

A huge thankyou to Rocky Mountain for the crowdfunding suggestion.

Also a huge thankyou to Junkyard for putting it all in motion.

Huge thanks go out to all STWers listed below for the bike parts etc i have received;
    Toasty
    Rockhopper70
    Monkeysfeet
    Alex
    Andysquare
    Funkmasterp
    Granny ring
    Oink1
    Others have said they are sending items, will update the list as i receive stuff. A huge thankyou to you all too.

A huge thankyou to Adjustablewench for getting in touch regarding Experience Community, will be in touch again soon.

A huge thankyou to Tartanscarf, Ambrose and Toofarwest for their offers of rides etc, will take you all up on them asap.

A huge thankyou to Newrobdob for contacting Exposure on the back of my original thread. I have had an email regarding my Joystick and they are willing to fix it as a gesture of goodwill. Big shout out to the bods at Exposure, Thankyou all.

A huge thankyou to Houns and his Nan for donating a wheelchair and for offering to drive umpteen miles to deliver it.

Also, a huge thankyou to Middleagedmadness for donating a scooter and also offering to drive aumpteen miles to deliver it.

Both will need new batteries, and we may have to get custom seat pads for them to suit Mrs Gs needs, but an unbelievable gesture on both parts which will be greatly appreciated and enable even more freedom due to their different uses.

A huge thankyou from G-2 to Somafunk for his new bmx, he absolutely loves it.

G-2 on his bmx

A huge thankyou to Idlejon from G-3 for her new Spesh Hotrock. First time riding with no stabilisers on her first try on her new bike 🙂

G-3 on her spesh hotrock

Thankyou for dropping the bike off Jon, it was great to finally meet a fellow STWer.

And a massive thankyou to the mods for this fantastic forum. Please keep it going. I will have a blue P next to my name soon 😀

Oh, and sorry for the stupidly long opening to another thread. But one i really wanted to do. If any of you got to the end of this post, thankyou for taking the time to read it.

Cougar

What a fantastic post. Thank you, and thanks to everyone who’s helped.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Like. Lots. Keep positive bud.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Drac

Excellent stuff.

I forgot to get back in touch, seems I’ve given away a few spares already so had no brakes.

scaredypants

PLeased to hear of the progress you’re making

That other thread’s a bit of a monster – can we have an update of any parts/stuff you still need?

chipster

Like.

jamj1974

Wonderful post Gnusmus.

tjagain

Mary Hinge – Member

Like. Lots. Keep positive bud.

Me too

choppersquad
    Free Member

With everything that’s going on in the world at the moment, it’s great just to hear a bit of good news for a change. Well done for making me smile.

newrobdob
    Free Member

A huge thankyou to Newrobdob for contacting Exposure on the back of my original thread. I have had an email regarding my Joystick and they are willing to fix it as a gesture of goodwill. Big shout out to the bods at Exposure, Thankyou all.

Yay! I didn’t post on the original thread about this as I didn’t want to say something then Exposure not come through for you.
    Yet another reason to use Exposure for your lights everyone (like you needed an excuse!).

funkmasterp

This has truly made my week. A big hug and love to you and yours from the family funk 😀

This place has done something to be proud of

matt_outandabout

This thread is ace.

Best wishes gnusmas family

gnusmas

On the upside (sort of) our knackered car has gone so we now have an empty garage to house the chair/scooter in so will only need to be bought into the house for charging – no power in the garage.

I have finally managed to get access to my Stiffee, cobwebs and dirt and everything else too!

Stiffee pre strip down

Stiffee pre strip down 2

Now to clean it, strip it down and rebuild 😀

Now where are the handlebars, saddle and grips?

scuttler

Houns

We’re just glad it can be of use and hopefully will be used.

Reminds me, I need to reply to your last mail, sorry! 😳

nbt

G-3 on her spesh hotrock by funkyhooda, on Flickr

See that smile on G-3s face?

that’s like my face on reading this thread. Manhugs all round 😀

IHN

have finally managed to get access to my Stiffee

Alright man, jeez, too much information 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

Post of the year?

Well done people…! Truly inspiring stuff.

Anyone else finding it a bit dusty?

jamj1974

Definitely dusty.

Cougar

I will have a blue P next to my name soon

Yes you will. I’ve spoken to Subs and they’ve agreed to gift you a 12-month digital subscription. Email subs@ with your details please.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

This is STW at its finest. We’re bunch of argumentative opinionated asshats at times but when the shit hits the fan there is no finer place to be and everyone works as one to get stuff sorted.

Superb stuff. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Now to clean it, strip it down and rebuild

Where do you live? I might be able to help out with that.
    Email in profile.

Cougar

We’re bunch of argumentative opinionated asshats at times

No we’re not.

theotherjonv

Beaten to it by PP but I can furnish all those if needed (and as long as your arse isn’t perch-precious)

Drac

No we’re not.

You’re worse than Hitler.

IHN

No he’s not, you are

spawnofyorkshire

No he’s not, you are

Pot meet kettle

Bunnyhop

Like. 🙂

gnusmas

I have a P!!!!! 😀

Thankyou Cougar and anyone else who messaged STW for this, i really appreciate it. Does this mean i am now privy to secret handshakes and activities?

For those asking, i live in Carmarthen, about a 20 min drive from Brechfa.

Honestly, this place continues to amaze me. In a good way though.

Ambrose

@gnusmas- I’m back from my hols soon. Get that bike fixed. Grips, bars and saddle you say? I’ll bring them with me 🙂

Cougar

Thankyou Cougar and anyone else who messaged STW for this, i really appreciate it.

FWIW, I said that if it couldn’t be done, I’d pay for it. Fortunately my money is safe. (-:

funkmasterp

I have a Bontrager saddle from a Trek that you can have. I’ve been snowed under at work, but will try and find something to ship the handlebars in too.

granny_ring

Thanks for update OP, the smile on the kids faces say it all.
    Oh and well done getting the bike in the front room 🙂

gnusmas

Cougar – wouldn’t expect you to pay for it, but thankyou for the offer. Extremely generous of you 🙂

Thankyou for all the offers again, genuinely appreciate them.

I set about looking for my Joystick last night ready to rerurn to exposure and couldn’t find it. I remember keeping it safe, has anyone seen it? And if anyone has seen my pump too i could do with it as i have no air in my tyres 🙁

On my travels though i did find my bars, saddle and grips 😀

Ambrose – bike is underway, need to sort out the brakes next. Then to see if a 11-36t cassette will work with a narrow ratio short cage mech, as those are what i have to work with.

Then to move on to G-1s bike, work out what bits can be used/transferred and see where we are with it.

Granny_ring – i have always worked on my bikes in the front room. Tunes in the background, cuppa on the table and away to go. Mrs G hasn’t got a problem with it as long as i don’t make a mess and i tidy up afterwards, which is fair enough. Any oily/greasy jobs are done at the kitchen sink.

nbt

She’s a keeper!

granny_ring

She’s a keeper!

She certainly is 😀

crazyjenkins01

This whole story never cesses to amaze me. What a feel good factor! This is the sort of stuff the news should be made of, not the usual BS.
    Surprised its not on STWs front main page yet…

gnusmas

She is a keeper 😀

Glad all of this is warming everyones cockles, certainly is here.

What you have read is a (major) part of things that have been going on and one that is current. There has been a whole lot more that has happened over the last 6/7 years or so, literally one thing after the other. Some of which would make our current situation seem like a walk in the park. We would always ask each other when our turn to catch a break would be, there have been some seriously dark times. Somehow we have always got through it all together and will continue to do so.

My bike always has been my personal escape, that’s why it is hard now not being able to ride and clear my head/work out aggression. Hence the original question on the original thread.

To have this light at the end of the tunnel thanks to you all means more than anyone could ever imagine, we hopefully seem to be catching our break now.

Getting extremely dusty writing this and thinking of everything.

big_scot_nanny

**** tremendous, brilliant stuff STW, and all the best to you and the family gnusmas.

Fabulous!

spawnofyorkshire

Sorry for the delay, but the cassette and chainring were dropped off at the post office last night, you should get them in the next couple of days

If anyone has a 10spd chain kicking around that could be donated to finish off the drivetrain for him?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Updates and Thankyou from the Gnusmases’ is closed to new replies.