Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Update for ruminant on Commencal 4.2
  • FOG

Well after a week in Swaledale I think I am more able to give an informed opinion on the 4.2. First I really like it but it definitely isn’t an xc racer as the Commencal ad claims. It is more like an all day trail bike despite the rather steep angles. Suspension is excellent [am still fiddling with adjustment to get the perfect settings], brakes v. good.Works really well in the heathery single track in the dales but climbs and descends well on the rocky twin tracks which are more common.It even impressed on the road where after dodgy navigation I had to climb a nasty road hill I usually avoid on the road bike but the 4.2 took it all in it’s stride with no unseemly walking from me.It is slightly heavier than I expected at just over 27lbs but is hardly a pie muncher so all in all, very pleased!

ruminant
    Free Member

cheers for that, sounds lie the bike for me

BigDummy
    Free Member

(I had not known or recalled that “ruminant” was interestee in this bike, and therefore assumed that the word was being used generally in the sense of one who ruminates upon a decision. Which would have been a spectacularly beautiful use of language. Half marks anyway. 🙂 )

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

The use of ruminant was the reason I opened this thread. Full marks for perceived cleverness!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Update for ruminant on Commencal 4.2’ is closed to new replies.