Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Universal rear mech hangers – where from?
  • nasher
    Free Member

One of our guests had one and were an ingenious way to fix your bent/snapped hanger if you havent got/ran out of one.

Anyone know who makes / sells these?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wheels Manufacturing, purveyors of the best mech hangers around do one, either as a standalone, or as a part of a rather nice multitool.

http://wheelsmfg.com/content/view/694/27/

Available from all good bikes shops etc.

I carry one for my own bike and one universal on larger group rides.

nasher
    Free Member

Thats what Im after, do they do them without the multi tool?

Also where did you buy it from? all shops seem to be in the USA

Olly
    Free Member

doe that not step the mech out by the width of the universal mount?

better just to carry a spare hanger?

nasher
    Free Member

Olly

As a guide we dont carry all spares for guests bike and some guests dont have any or break two (like flash did) so these are ideal as a temporary fix or get you home.

Yes they do stick out about 2/3mm but you can easily adjust your mech or just run slightly less cogs….better than trying to run a FS singlespeed.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

nasher, I got mine from those lovely people at http://www.stonehengecycles.com.
    01722 334915, ask to speak to the Bowery Boy, he'll sort you out!

D0NK

That looks 100% of awesome and I will be getting one, pity I just spent £30 on various hangers.

Olly yes but if you have several bikes you're gonna end up with either a kilo of spare gear hangers permanently in your pack or (more likely) the wrong one for the bike you are on.

CFH obviously perfect for 'get me home' but do they work well enough for putting gears on a SS frame? I know no cable stops etc, just an idea no plans to actually do it.

nasher
    Free Member

CFH obviously perfect for 'get me home' but do they work well enough for putting gears on a SS frame? I know no cable stops etc, just an idea no plans to actually do it.

full length outer zip tied to the frame?

Thanks for the contacts guys.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not sure you'd get a solid enough "end stop" like that to make shifting work well, but I could be wrong.

cookeaa

That is a brilliant little bit of kit, simplest solution to one of the stupidest MTB problems…

Olly
    Free Member

didnt realise you were looking at them from the guise of a guide, in which case, im sure they would be tip top!

D0NK

Not sure you'd get a solid enough "end stop" like that to make shifting work well, but I could be wrong.

front mech would be a problem yeah but a 1×9 should be fine I guess.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

worked just fine on my subzero and enduro, both with 2×9 setups. Plenty of cable ties along the cable run to hold the cable outer firm.

andrewh
    Free Member

Full length out ziptied to frame works fine. I use full lengths on all my bikes, and have to ziptie it as Alligator i-links wont fir the stops!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Universal rear mech hangers – where from?’ is closed to new replies.